Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 23-09-2005, 04:29 PM   #101
kagemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_yg
The emperor tagged 25/5/2002. So should be around 3.5 - 4 years.
I would expect a emperor to show this color by the time it reaches 3 yrs of age ~ 4 yrs

MP shells have alot of axanthaxin...but this can be shown in the color of the red's flesh too...

I have tried feeding triple dose axathaxin direct with beefheart...the effect is not bad but not very impressive either...it just enhances the base color alittle

Old 23-09-2005, 04:34 PM   #102
williamt
Endangered Dragon

kage bro,

again very elaborate post but good for those who want to learn. There is one thing you left out, don''t mind me pointing it out. When to start tanning or at what size?
Old 23-09-2005, 04:35 PM   #103
ken_yg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
I would expect a emperor to show this color by the time it reaches 3 yrs of age ~ 4 yrs

MP shells have alot of axanthaxin...but this can be shown in the color of the red's flesh too...

I have tried feeding triple dose axathaxin direct with beefheart...the effect is not bad but not very impressive either...it just enhances the base color alittle
Wish my emperor will take to MP again. I believe coloraration has faded after I switched to enrich pellets in bf & sw when it start rejecting MP.
MP probably best diet for reds.

Old 23-09-2005, 04:38 PM   #104
kagemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by krowana
You mean there is still something wrong with the light placement? Can you kindly advice?
its still on top!!

should come from side right?

Old 23-09-2005, 04:40 PM   #105
williamt
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
hmm John I mean if u end up with green water its gonna affect the effectiveness of the tanning exercise

the best is using the right range minmises nutrients / waste and max out the light effect
as long as water condition is good, how long you tan plus power feeding, the water will not turn green. My t5 20,000k have been tanning for sometime liao, plus feed BF and MP, I don't see any problem. In fact the appetite increase like hell. Next round you come and see, all will be bui bui 1. Not forgetting to say, sai only droplets hor cos it's being scoop up
Old 23-09-2005, 04:41 PM   #106
ken_yg

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence28
err....the word ENHANCED is very sensitive topic liaoz.... no comments....
In today context, enhanced merely mean bringing out the best. As we gain more knowledge, think we will be doing enhancement to water, lighting, & feeding of course. Who know, hormone injection is next?

Old 23-09-2005, 04:44 PM   #107
kagemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamt
kage bro,

again very elaborate post but good for those who want to learn. There is one thing you left out, don''t mind me pointing it out. When to start tanning or at what size?
Have I mentioned liao...in terms of when to start:

Size doesnt matter --> my primary motive for tanning is to reform my lousy reds...so they are around 16 - 18" when I was playing with this experiment

I have also done it on a trio of 6" reds (but cannot use as a good gauge cos they are of gd parentage)...almost every part of the red achieve orange (meaning to say lower jaw, belly except the 6th level where the shine have not crossed)

I would say start point for tanning is when they start displaying sporadic dots or coloration along the rims

this is the best time to start

but Bro T28 red is of a bad condition before tanning, hence I recon it and tan accordingly, managed to restore back to coloration

Old 23-09-2005, 04:47 PM   #108
williamt
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Have I mentioned liao...in terms of when to start:

Size doesnt matter --> my primary motive for tanning is to reform my lousy reds...so they are around 16 - 18" when I was playing with this experiment

I have also done it on a trio of 6" reds (but cannot use as a good gauge cos they are of gd parentage)...almost every part of the red achieve orange (meaning to say lower jaw, belly except the 6th level where the shine have not crossed)

I would say start point for tanning is when they start displaying sporadic dots or coloration along the rims

this is the best time to start

but Bro T28 red is of a bad condition before tanning, hence I recon it and tan accordingly, managed to restore back to coloration
I really don't see a need to tan at 6"
Old 23-09-2005, 04:48 PM   #109
kagemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamt
as long as water condition is good, how long you tan plus power feeding, the water will not turn green. My t5 20,000k have been tanning for sometime liao, plus feed BF and MP, I don't see any problem. In fact the appetite increase like hell. Next round you come and see, all will be bui bui 1. Not forgetting to say, sai only droplets hor cos it's being scoop up
tio lor...u are one other person I know is very proud of their water condition

I trust ur bioload is not high enuff...with the 20k light algae also difficult to come lah

Old 23-09-2005, 05:05 PM   #110
krowana

Bro kage, as you had mention easiler, why should we avoid the 6th level? Even it is not cross?

Tags
tanning light arowana