Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 24-08-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
motoro_freak

Default SW converted long tail ray

hello bros all of u guys will know that the SW coverted ray will sometimes be on sale in lfs which is usually brown in colour with a long tail and a pointed snout usually the will be at sale for $40-$50 i used to keep them but they only lasted me for 6mnths but i know they usually die fast but i am curious has anybody kept them successfully
Old 24-08-2011, 02:13 AM   #2
Yuna
Endangered Dragon

well, like you said, they are saltwater convert rays...
they need seawater
much like bumble bee grouper(queensland grouper) and mangrove jacks that are sold as FW fish when they are juvenile, they need seawater eventually
Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
Oneiromancer
Dragon

At that price, I'd suggest saving abit more and going for a motoro.. more stable. Kept those converted rays before.. on hindsight not worth it..
Oneiromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
conchabullosa
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoro_freak View Post
hello bros all of u guys will know that the SW coverted ray will sometimes be on sale in lfs which is usually brown in colour with a long tail and a pointed snout usually the will be at sale for $40-$50 i used to keep them but they only lasted me for 6mnths but i know they usually die fast but i am curious has anybody kept them successfully
Bro, these rays only lasted less than 2 months with me and most other ray keepers that I know of.

Your record of 6 months means u are the successful one!!
conchabullosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #5
motoro_freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchabullosa View Post
Bro, these rays only lasted less than 2 months with me and most other ray keepers that I know of.

Your record of 6 months means u are the successful one!!
hahaha bro but they surely grew alot in that six months maybe because of their growth i guess, i think it was time for them to switch to seawater
Old 25-08-2011, 07:50 AM   #6
motoro_freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna View Post
well, like you said, they are saltwater convert rays...
they need seawater
much like bumble bee grouper(queensland grouper) and mangrove jacks that are sold as FW fish when they are juvenile, they need seawater eventually
wowbumble bee grouper in freshwater never seen them on sale but i dunt think i would buy them since they will need seawater in the end
Old 28-08-2011, 03:03 AM   #7
zhuangsw

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoro_freak View Post
Till date, i have not seen any adult specimen in freshwater holdings. Sad.. Its better not to buy them, when the demands stop, the supply stops.
zhuangsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #8
motoro_freak

agreed bro
Old 30-08-2011, 02:01 AM   #9
Blackscale

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuangsw View Post
Till date, i have not seen any adult specimen in freshwater holdings. Sad.. Its better not to buy them, when the demands stop, the supply stops.
agreed... but sadly unless people stop buying completely, they'll still be sold.