Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 13-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #71
sixthbrand
Dragon

Nice KPBB Trix, got it from AquaOne??

Love the green on your Indo PBB!
sixthbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #72
Kohaku
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIX View Post
Never!!

As I mentioned before, I bought it the way it is, I shall keep it the way it is

And...I'm not that rich to take on an experiment like this
You not that rich? Hahaha... you already the PBB king in Singapore liao. I heard you at least sapo 1 PBB from every shipment available and saw you post so many... I dun have as many PBBs as you have in your tank....
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #73
TRIX
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post
You paid for what you get.... Dun forget this.......
Best sentence of the Century... I totally agree!!

Seller can assure you that his TKL has got red lah, rtg gene lah etc...You tikum for a hope, which will still be something lower grade at the end
TRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #74
nid

Wah, today I go ICT declare hp camera put in guard house only the tread so hot. On this subject, I have cut my own bichir fins before and they grew back nicely, but not on my indo pbb. In the first few days that I brought it(before bro TGM made the post abt it being a genetic defect), I met a bro who complained that the fins of the pbb were all bend, thinking it was due to injury, I suggested cutting the fins might help. I dun think this bro told aunty and either did I, but we must give the benefit of the doubt that this person who did tell aunty doesn't know that its a genetic defect, many ppl dun read af much less the bichir thread, not to say it was right for him to tell a retailer since thats giving out unconfirmed info to the masses.

In any case, I should be cutting a fin of my new lap due to it being broken and hanging there, a bit hesitating since its not really a young bichir but I think infection might set in if I dun. So for injury cases I shall update the results if it grows back nicely or not. For the pbb case being a genetic defect, it probably won't help.
Old 13-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #75
TRIX
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthbrand View Post
Nice KPBB Trix, got it from AquaOne??

Love the green on your Indo PBB!
I steal it from my buddy...kekeke

Yah, infact the indos are having the same colour as the kamihata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post
You not that rich? Hahaha... you already the PBB king in Singapore liao. I heard you at least sapo 1 PBB from every shipment available and saw you post so many... I dun have as many PBBs as you have in your tank....
Well, I really dare not say I have the most PBB...There are 2 others that will also get min 1 pc from every shipment along with me (Desmond and Milkman).
Milkman has got way more than me...and there is another hidden dragon (well, not so hidden old bird here in AF but doesn't post anymore from what I see) with 30 over PBBs from what I heard.

Therefore, I would rather you call me "PBB Slave"...
TRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 07:31 PM   #76
Gecko
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmike View Post
But I heard that someone told 328 can cut away the finlets and they will grow back. Did that SOMEONE tried it himself/herself? How did the finlets grow back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmike View Post
Yes. The problem is that person just hearsay this hearsay that and told a retailer that it is possible. There will be some people who knows nothing and since the shop tell him/her it's possible, he/she just cut it and expect it to grow back well.

Wow....... not sure if Aunty was referring to me but I did have a conversation with Aunty on this subject. I shared with her that in Aquazoo,April 2007, there was a great article on bichirs and (in page 33) that the author wrote in Chinese, loosely translated: " wavy uneven dorsal finlets are mainly due to malnutrition at juvenile stage. just take out the fish, use a nail clipper to clip to the base leaving a 'root part' and it will regrow nicely.." I suggested to aunty to clip one and keep it behind (white tank in back room) to monitor if she could replicate what the Taiwanese did...i did not at any time suggested or even claimed that I have done it. For those who are interested, this is perhaps worth experimenting....
Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #77
sixthbrand
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIX View Post
I steal it from my buddy...kekeke

Yah, infact the indos are having the same colour as the kamihata.
Slave of PBB! so any noticeable diff between KPBB and Indo PBB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
I suggested to aunty to clip one and keep it behind (white tank in back room) to monitor if she could replicate what the Taiwanese did...i did not at any time suggested or even claimed that I have done it. For those who are interested, this is perhaps worth experimenting....
i did see 1 or 2 indo pbb in the toilet area.. behind the wooden door.. behind the blackwolf tank.. not sure if aunty really did trim the fins and left them there to recover?

maybe someone wana ask aunty about it?

Last edited by sixthbrand; 13-07-2011 at 07:36 PM.
sixthbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #78
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
Wow....... not sure if Aunty was referring to me but I did have a conversation with Aunty on this subject. I shared with her that in Aquazoo,April 2007, there was a great article on bichirs and (in page 33) that the author wrote in Chinese, loosely translated: " wavy uneven dorsal finlets are mainly due to malnutrition at juvenile stage. just take out the fish, use a nail clipper to clip to the base leaving a 'root part' and it will regrow nicely.." I suggested to aunty to clip one and keep it behind (white tank in back room) to monitor if she could replicate what the Taiwanese did...i did not at any time suggested or even claimed that I have done it. For those who are interested, this is perhaps worth experimenting....

So you could be the culprit!

Personally, I doubt that can work as it's genetics and it happen right from the root of the finlets. Cutting it partially may not work. I shall see what is Dr Chua's response on possibility of recovery for genetics issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
Schmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #79
Gecko
Dragon

hahhaa just trying to be helpful...did point out to aunty that the taiwanese said for malnutrition, so worth to try for her batch and see if it works too for supposedly genetic defects...

unless of course if it was someone else who actually tried and was successful.

Last edited by Gecko; 13-07-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 07:54 PM   #80
Spiritofthesoul

Personally I won't go all cutting the fins just for aesthetic purposes. If the bichir can live comfortablely with bent fins, just let it be. No point putting it under all that pain and stress cutting it off and hope it would go grow to be perfect.

IMO, because those bent fins were a reason of gene defects and not accident, there is little or no chance of the fin becoming perfectly straight. Love your indo PBB for what it is, and not try to perfect it and risk it's health.