Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 14-03-2007, 01:39 PM   #11
shawn33rdd

will the fish destroy the steps?
Old 14-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #12
Almeizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_r0ck View Post
Personally I am very against putting anything that you can't find in nature into the tanks. If you want them to hide or mate, then just plant heavily and create natural concaves with rocks or driftwoods, it will seem better that way. Or at the very least, go for a cichlid shell dwellers' setup and get normal shells (but it won't be that planted anymore)
You maybe right, but still never try before no one will know.. For your expert advice... I will think of a brilliant idea to counter it and create another miracle out of it.

I got the PVC pipe idea from fish farm, they always put in the pipe for their fishes to hide, play and even mate, it will only look marvelous when a certain type of algae growing on it.
Old 14-03-2007, 01:51 PM   #13
lightedmouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeizer View Post
one is only 1ft only...
thanks for the info bro
Old 14-03-2007, 01:51 PM   #14
Almeizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn33rdd View Post
will the fish destroy the steps?
if you are worrying about the fish destroying the steps then put in fish does not dig, push or play with sand... should be ok...

Bec i put in a Mono. Sebae yesterday night... today wake up it still ok...

Think you need to plant a little plant and wait for them to mature so that the roots will clink on the gravel... further more this is my 2nd project i will share with everyone my exsperience once I have tested...
Old 14-03-2007, 06:00 PM   #15
Ah_ZhaN
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthen View Post
the laying seems nice but u might have a long term problem regarding about the placing of PVC.. once u have fishes inside ur tank, the PVC pipe might contain lots of poos which is harmful to your fishes as water current might push the poos inside there unless u munually siphoning it out..
Sia lah~, now people even want to "toilet-train" their fish. Respect!

Almezier,
What plants are you planning to plant upon the terrances and on the right flat ground ?
Ah_ZhaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 11:42 PM   #16
ah_hong84

Bro, one suggestiong. You may want to stick and coat the PVC pipe with lapis sand, make it look like a stone cave or some sort. This will make your tank look more natural than the white PVC pipe. A trick I learnt from some Pros here about breeding Pleco.
My 2cents.
Old 15-03-2007, 12:49 AM   #17
Almeizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah_ZhaN View Post
Almezier,
What plants are you planning to plant upon the terrances and on the right flat ground ?
That one I still have not think of, still have to wait until I find the right BW... for the plants, I will be going for plants that don't really require much CO2 and sunlight as I am only a beginner I don’t want to have any headache dealing with plants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah_hong84 View Post
Bro, one suggestion. You may want to stick and coat the PVC pipe with lapis sand, make it look like a stone cave or some sort. This will make your tank look more natural than the white PVC pipe. A trick I learnt from some Pros here about breeding Pleco.
My 2cents.
that a good one, but it's too late... bec I have put in everything and also added the water... there is no way I can take out the PVC pipe and coat it with gravel... what I was planning was to cultivate algae on the pipe. So it will look as if the algae have invaded the pipe

By the way it's still good to share ideas with all the people in the forum and also to make improvement or miracles out of it... I am just new, still need more expertise advice and wild ideas to inspire me.

Just to ask all the bro and sis... is there any algae expert here which can teach me a tricks or 2 on cultivating the right algae?

Last edited by Almeizer; 15-03-2007 at 01:04 AM.