Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 22-09-2006, 02:06 AM   #1
Almeizer

Wink my 2.5ft planted tank

This tank has been setup 2 months ago with the help of my friend, he helped me pick those plants which don't really requires much CO2

just for sharing, is there anyway i can improve on this tank and how you bro here take a clear nick pics of it, bec mine alittle blur and i dunno why?
Old 22-09-2006, 02:49 AM   #2
evolim83

You might wanna add more plants to counter algae.
If you are going for low maintance, can opt for crypts.
Old 22-09-2006, 11:12 AM   #3
elimmel
Senior Dragon

yep crypts will be nice.
plant them along the "border" of the woods.
then cover the rest of the gravel with e.tenellus.

btw, this should be posted in aquascape section
elimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 12:04 PM   #4
mtanec

indeed, there is room for more plants..

you may also consider Java moss, where you can tie to driftwood to fill up the space. Java Moss is more hardy than other moss where it can still survive in low light low CO2 condition though growth rate will be slower (other low CO2 requirement plants will be slow too).. just make sure temperature does not exceed 28 degrees.. any higher, it may not be good for the moss and other plants in such slow growing condition.
Old 22-09-2006, 01:38 PM   #5
crossdiscus
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeizer View Post

This tank has been setup 2 months ago with the help of my friend, he helped me pick those plants which don't really requires much CO2

just for sharing, is there anyway i can improve on this tank and how you bro here take a clear nick pics of it, bec mine alittle blur and i dunno why?
looks nice.....just for sharing.
crossdiscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 03:10 PM   #6
mtanec

I can see my favorite fish inside - Clown Loach.. A fish that frightens me so many times by lying sideway motionlessly.. but that's the fun thing about them.. so many reasons for me to like them except for 1 thing.. with them around, I cannot keep shrimps in my planted tank..
Old 23-09-2006, 03:32 AM   #7
Almeizer

For algae to invade this tank, is quite hard... because the tank is located inside the living room where it don't have direct sunlight.

As for temperature it's rather healthy also due to the place I place the tank where it's cooling even during the morning and afternoon

As for planting crypts. This I dare not try because I have got 4 species of Loach living in this tank, especially the horse face Loach that dug up all the small plants that I have planted in previously

any advice for planting the plants into the gravel without letting my fish digging them up?
Old 23-09-2006, 03:36 AM   #8
Almeizer

For algae to invade this tank, is quite hard... because the tank is inside the living room where it don't have direct sunlight.

As for temperature it's rather healthy also due to the place I place the tank where it's cooling even during the morning and afternoon

As for planting crypts. This I dare not try because I have got 4 species of Loach living in this tank, especially the horse face Loach that dug up all the small plants that I have planted in previously

any advice for planting the plants into the gravel without letting my fish digging them up?
Old 23-09-2006, 09:47 AM   #9
nismo83

use the macro function of ur camera