Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 15-06-2014, 08:15 PM   #11
azon
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
Let boss ap99 come and give his precious view better lor. Think most forgotten to qualify what level of brightness is suitable as the result is also diff.

"Just my personal opinion not aiming at any rays breeders or anyone ok".
Wa.. Tai chi master.. black monkey today family day la..
azon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2014, 10:04 PM   #12
KaiJun
2014 National Flowerhorn Competition 1st Prize

Hmmmmmm so if a p13 is around 9"-10" then can put them in black tank already because bigger spots and TI wont develop ??
KaiJun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #13
Amanda Liong
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynatic View Post
Let me explain again, when BDs are born, their base colour are not Black, they have a lighter base, this is the time(light base) where their spots will grow with its disc size. if you turn lights on, rays turn black much quicker than those without lights on, that is why I said to keep lights off until the ray turns dark without the help of light(around the size of 8-9"),its hard to explain here, below is a quote from a chinese expert, hope that helps

"小皇冠的话白缸不开灯点会比黑缸开灯长的略大一些, 这个道理很简单鱼会根据环境改变自身颜色就像龙鱼一样 开灯照一般都是冷光灯这样点会长的白 暖光照射点会变的略黄 但开灯底色会随着灯光而变黑就像人嗮太阳也会皮肤变黑 所以黑色素上来后白点的鸟粪素的成长就会收到阻碍 随着盘经增长点因为底色定住但点长的缓慢就显得点小些 但最后决定的还是血统 只不过白缸饲养不开灯饲养的好血统的鱼点会显得夸张些 同理爆点来说白缸不开灯相对 ..."
In that case, does it mean that

1) no added lights are the best? since young time ray not black don't use lights.

2) When rays are bigger and already black, the light have no effect?

How about TI developments when they outgrow 9'-10'?
Amanda Liong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:57 PM   #14
ap99
Arofanatic

Hi bros ok from what I know it has a lot to play with genes,... like bro azon said use fluorescent light its not too strong.

but it would be good if the area is bright and tank should be light colored..... water is a part of verything went comes to grooming of young pups.... this can only make it better lor

But still GENES play a bigger part... you can have a com of Bd pups from different parents put in the same tank for grooming..... Some will turn out very nice compare to went they're small.... but there'll be some will turn very ugly as they grow!

Like what I've said.... GENES PLAY A BIGGER PART
ap99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #15
Amanda Liong
Arofanatic

in fact, after reading this thread I off all my fluorescent light to my pup tank. Shall monitor. hehe
Old 13-07-2014, 05:44 PM   #16
Nomis
Dragon

I still maintain that light is necessary for pups grooming...

Genetic part is most important as highlighted by some senior...

As for how soon they turn black is dependent on its gene. Had witness some 6" size turns "black" whilst others still maintain "grey" and only up to 8" to 9" then turns dark under the lights that I used. They were all together in same environment and tank all the time.

Good water quality also plays a part for such effect.

Simon
Nomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 09:06 PM   #17
Amanda Liong
Arofanatic

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomis View Post
I still maintain that light is necessary for pups grooming...

Genetic part is most important as highlighted by some senior...

As for how soon they turn black is dependent on its gene. Had witness some 6" size turns "black" whilst others still maintain "grey" and only up to 8" to 9" then turns dark under the lights that I used. They were all together in same environment and tank all the time.

Good water quality also plays a part for such effect.

Simon
Bro, actually I turned off the lights because one piece at 7" turned black. Now off some few days already. Monitoring to see effects. My fluorescent lights were quite strong imo. Now without lights they seem more daring though. Hehe