Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 05-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #1
monsteraquaria

Default Aquastar yishun. What happened??

Hello all bros. I've been up to AS quite a few times for the past few months and It's just so sad.they used to carry so many fishes including marine. Now the new arrivals also very little and not much variety.No new stocking of pumps, filters,tanks rocks etc.like they're trynna clear everything. Anyone knows What happened? AS has been one of my favourite aquarium shop since young. But What I see now makes me so sad.any bros with info, can please help update me

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2014, 11:27 AM   #2
Asia_landscape
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsteraquaria View Post
Hello all bros. I've been up to AS quite a few times for the past few months and It's just so sad.they used to carry so many fishes including marine. Now the new arrivals also very little and not much variety.No new stocking of pumps, filters,tanks rocks etc.like they're trynna clear everything. Anyone knows What happened? AS has been one of my favourite aquarium shop since young. But What I see now makes me so sad.any bros with info, can please help update me

AS Downsize?

few months ago , went and saw they clearing their 4 ft tanks
at ridious low prices. Now they gave up one shop space.

Tmes are getting hard.

even many of my customer are trying to sell their fish tanks away.
I'm tying hard to clear for them but all buyers asking for super low prices.

times are difficult despite the S$8B package coming....

sigh *
Asia_landscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
limrr
Arofanatic

Have to utilise the space, they should stop selling big tank that take up a lot of space, sell fish and feeders will do. I am aiming their red spike should there be a closing doen sale.
limrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
washywashy
Dragon

Nothing alarming IMO. Fishes are in terrible conditions most of the time, bad ventialtion in the lot selling livestocks, high pricing for normal fishes, bad customer service, poor knowledge in basic fishkeeping. I'm not surprised
washywashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:37 AM   #5
monsteraquaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asia_landscape View Post
AS Downsize?

few months ago , went and saw they clearing their 4 ft tanks
at ridious low prices. Now they gave up one shop space.

Tmes are getting hard.

even many of my customer are trying to sell their fish tanks away.
I'm tying hard to clear for them but all buyers asking for super low prices.

times are difficult despite the S$8B package coming....

sigh *
Yea.ever since the downsize,they never bring in new stuff.at the moment ,as of 2 days ago,totally No marine fish,red aros or Nice catfish. They keep restocking baby silver aros only. Times are indeed very tough now.and bro, What the $8b package?:what:

Quote:
Originally Posted by limrr View Post
Have to utilise the space, they should stop selling big tank that take up a lot of space, sell fish and feeders will do. I am aiming their red spike should there be a closing doen sale.
agree with you. But they also Don't really have many big tanks. Their aquariums either empty or filled with same fishes. The red Pike over there for soo long already. Haha. If they have sale, I also want to try luck for it.

Old 05-03-2014, 11:41 AM   #6
Asia_landscape
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsteraquaria View Post
Yea.ever since the downsize,they never bring in new stuff.at the moment ,as of 2 days ago,totally No marine fish,red aros or Nice catfish. They keep restocking baby silver aros only. Times are indeed very tough now.and bro, What the $8b package?:what:

agree with you. But they also Don't really have many big tanks. Their aquariums either empty or filled with same fishes. The red Pike over there for soo long already. Haha. If they have sale, I also want to try luck for it.

1)
Maybe AS area out of the way?
S$8B: Govt package for the old old generation.

2)
Better get from Clementi C328 - stocks move faster and much more variety.
Just like which chikcen rice stall u rather eat, fast moving ayams or hanging there long long 1?
Asia_landscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:41 AM   #7
monsteraquaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by washywashy View Post
Nothing alarming IMO. Fishes are in terrible conditions most of the time, bad ventialtion in the lot selling livestocks, high pricing for normal fishes, bad customer service, poor knowledge in basic fishkeeping. I'm not surprised
Poor knowledge.I agree with you 1000x.wanted to buy internal filter for my 3 ft and he recommended that I get 2000l..I didn't really agree but he insisted and say confirm swee swee one.after plugging in,the fish all start to go round in circle.eventually had to empty that tank cause too strong already.the worse part is, even the fish is sick,they still sell at normal retail price.

Old 05-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #8
monsteraquaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asia_landscape View Post
1)
Maybe AS area out of the way?
S$8B: Govt package for the old old generation.

2)
Better get from Clementi C328 - stocks move faster and much more variety.
Just like which chikcen rice stall u rather eat, fast moving ayams or hanging there long long 1?
Ya. True. Better go c328.I prefer eating fast moving ayams.but is there any news of them going to close or such?

Old 05-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #9
kuay5
Dragon

Well its good that they clear old stocks first. You should see their stunted arowanas...
kuay5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #10
dhmy3kgto
Arofanatic

Stopped visiting AS long time ago, their fishes are all housed in cramped conditions and looked sick... Quite a sad sight actually..
dhmy3kgto is offline   Reply With Quote