Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 10:41 PM   #31
Aroboy II
AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiidae
Spoken to a LFS owner, I was told that PUB officers are making their round to remind and inform them that by 14/11/05 (this coming Monday), much higher % of chloramines will be added to our water supply system.

Guys,

if PUB officers were dispatched to ensure this (even though they had send out letters to LFS earlier) ... then I suggest that we will not take this too lightly.
Thanks for your info Mod. Can you post in the aro forum as well?
Old 10-11-2005, 10:44 PM   #32
amiidae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroboy II
Thanks for your info Mod. Can you post in the aro forum as well?
spoken to PUB today.

waiting for their official reply.

Old 10-11-2005, 10:45 PM   #33
Aroboy II
AFC Member

Quote:
spoken to PUB today.

waiting for their official reply.
That's very fast reply from you sia. Just want to let all the members to take note of it. Thank you.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:53 PM   #34
DCKY
Endangered Dragon

Smile

Thanks for sharing......
Old 10-11-2005, 11:32 PM   #35
amiidae

from the same link in post 1

Aerate/Age the tap water

This approach has long been used by aquarists. Fill a barrel or bucket with some tap water and let it sit for a day or two. In this way, the temperature will be close (room temp), and the chlorine will dissipate from the water. Adding an airstone or powerhead to create water movement speeds the dissipation of chlorine from the water. This is simple, cheap and very effective when dealing with chlorine.

If your water system uses chlorine, this is a great way to go. There might be times when you need to add some water right away, and don't have any already aged. So that's one problem with this method.

The bigger problems is that this approach doesn't work for chloramines. Thats one of the main reasons that chloramines are being used instead of chlorine. It's more stable, and won't dissipate as easily. Some report that aging chloramine treated water for a week will eliminate the chloramine, but several water treatment websites suggest that isn't always true.

Old 10-11-2005, 11:42 PM   #36
farish
Dragon

Quote:
do you double the dosage ? and how long did you "aged" the "new" water ?
10 ml ie 2 squeezes per 35l for chloramine removal
Old 10-11-2005, 11:44 PM   #37
farish
Dragon

gonna let water drip more slowly now during wc.......
Old 10-11-2005, 11:49 PM   #38
yongwahng

Quote:
Originally Posted by farish
gonna let water drip more slowly now during wc.......
i start to fill my tank water slowly now, twice the time as i did before by letting smaller volume to flow into the tank, better be safe then sorry

Old 10-11-2005, 11:53 PM   #39
farish
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongwahng
i start to fill my tank water slowly now, twice the time as i did before by letting smaller volume to flow into the tank, better be safe then sorry
for me replace 30% of 4by 2 by 2.5 90% filled takes 45 mins...go thru water filter and overdosage of aquapolus.gonna slow down a lil and reduce amt wc
Old 11-11-2005, 12:46 AM   #40
Ah_ZhaN
Arofanatic

Quote:
from the same link in post 1

Aerate/Age the tap water

This approach has long been used by aquarists. Fill a barrel or bucket with some tap water and let it sit for a day or two. In this way, the temperature will be close (room temp), and the chlorine will dissipate from the water. Adding an airstone or powerhead to create water movement speeds the dissipation of chlorine from the water. This is simple, cheap and very effective when dealing with chlorine.

If your water system uses chlorine, this is a great way to go. There might be times when you need to add some water right away, and don't have any already aged. So that's one problem with this method.

The bigger problems is that this approach doesn't work for chloramines. Thats one of the main reasons that chloramines are being used instead of chlorine. It's more stable, and won't dissipate as easily. Some report that aging chloramine treated water for a week will eliminate the chloramine, but several water treatment websites suggest that isn't always true.
Thanks for sharing bro.
Is there a more efficient of removing chloramine apart of using solutions ?
Closed Thread