Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 18-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
spencertan
Dragon

Default Koi feed

Hello all,
Can i kindly find out with koi shifus here what do you feed your kois to pump them till super fat? I currently have two small chagois in my pond,bought from NKF yesterday,not really small and not too big,its those $80 ones. How do I pump them up to a great size ? Please advice on what feed and pricing for how many kg pack,thanks!
spencertan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
SuccessNowHere

Hi to all KOI Fans here, as a newbie, I want to know that too. Currently, I feed my small KOIs with HIkari Gold, is it sufficient???

The packing stated that HIkari Gold is a superior daily diet for koi with high levels of Carotenoids which promote active color enhancement. Enriched with necessary vitamins and minerals, including stabilized vitamin C which promotes resistance to stress and immunity to infectious diseases.
Old 18-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #3
koijunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencertan View Post
Hello all,
Can i kindly find out with koi shifus here what do you feed your kois to pump them till super fat? I currently have two small chagois in my pond,bought from NKF yesterday,not really small and not too big,its those $80 ones. How do I pump them up to a great size ? Please advice on what feed and pricing for how many kg pack,thanks!
Large size or 'super fat' ? Koi can be obese too, I don't think u want this to happen to your koi. Look at those koi at 'Koi Garden' at Suntec City, those are 'super fat' but ugly.

If you want your koi to grow up to large size but maintain good body formation, I think you got to allow them pretty much space to exercise and strong current would encourage them to do so. This is of course with a good supplement of hi-growth pellets, regular feedings 4 to 6 times a day, with moderate feedings every session.

Try the Saki Hikari Growth Diet , per kg is $15 , can be bought at Mainland.
Old 19-07-2011, 08:11 AM   #4
spencertan
Dragon

Yup definitely not obese kois I want.. Will try that pellet you recommend soon
spencertan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #5
Pet Lover

Quote:
Yup definitely not obese kois I want.. Will try that pellet you recommend soon
More Frequent water change. Feed them with deshell market prawn.
Give indirect sunlight.
But If you pump them up too fast , the colour ,shape and pattern might not to nice. And you need to check the water parameter because prawn will foul the water. Always remove the uneaten prawn.
Old 20-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #6
ahpek_lion
Dragon

Quote:
Hello all,
feed in small amounts but mani times

get saki hikari
ahpek_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #7
ahpek_lion
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuccessNowHere View Post
Hi to all KOI Fans here, as a newbie, I want to know that too. Currently, I feed my small KOIs with HIkari Gold, is it sufficient???

The packing stated that HIkari Gold is a superior daily diet for koi with high levels of Carotenoids which promote active color enhancement. Enriched with necessary vitamins and minerals, including stabilized vitamin C which promotes resistance to stress and immunity to infectious diseases.
i tried hikari gold before....it has lots of fillers.

I prefer spirulina...the diet contains better content
Old 20-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #8
Pet Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahpek_lion View Post
i tried hikari gold before....it has lots of fillers.

I prefer spirulina...the diet contains better content
Many Years back. Around 25 years. There was a LFS called Cathay Aquarium
at the juntion of Serangoon and Rowell Road . The Shop was not around now. I heard from my good friend the owner had pass away years ago. If he was still around should be 95 years old plus.
The shop used to had high qty gold fish and Kio. The Kio was all from japan. Every time new shipment , He would advertised in the STimes. Usually
at 1 to 2 am . Kio Lover would come and get the good one.
I got the 8 ft F .glass tank and Kio from him. Also the Kio Food Stick from Japan. 5kg about $178. I should said very expensive at that time. Other LFS did not have it.
Very Good result after feeding it. My Kio grown up to 2 ft in 3 years . Beautiful. Very tame and I can play with them. They always swim towards me and Kiss my finger and allow me to touch their head. Wonderful.
But now , I dun keep Kio and the Shop was no long around.
Why? That time I stay in two storey shop house. And the tank was placed at the backyard with coverup sunlight.
Old 21-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #9
koi
Arofanatic

Spirulina more for color fish. No point feeding it to chagoi. Used to be a type of feed called FD sold at Diamond Koi. It's super ex. Not sure of the price however.
koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 01:05 AM   #10
ahpek_lion
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet Lover View Post
Many Years back. Around 25 years. There was a LFS called Cathay Aquarium
at the juntion of Serangoon and Rowell Road . The Shop was not around now. I heard from my good friend the owner had pass away years ago. If he was still around should be 95 years old plus.
The shop used to had high qty gold fish and Kio. The Kio was all from japan. Every time new shipment , He would advertised in the STimes. Usually
at 1 to 2 am . Kio Lover would come and get the good one.
I got the 8 ft F .glass tank and Kio from him. Also the Kio Food Stick from Japan. 5kg about $178. I should said very expensive at that time. Other LFS did not have it.
Very Good result after feeding it. My Kio grown up to 2 ft in 3 years . Beautiful. Very tame and I can play with them. They always swim towards me and Kiss my finger and allow me to touch their head. Wonderful.
But now , I dun keep Kio and the Shop was no long around.
Why? That time I stay in two storey shop house. And the tank was placed at the backyard with coverup sunlight.
yup koi is a space consuming hobby =X need space to rear. the shp was there before i was born no chance 2 see it