Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 11-06-2011, 02:22 AM   #11
nid

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiNd.feNg View Post
Congicus a bit too skinny and i don't have a spare tank to pump.. my other tank is holding my small tigirnus, so got a bro to sell me his instead.

go for the small congi with deep stripes.. no thick bar but contrast is good

im not sure if this was the endi you were looking for.. the ones left had similar flat and compact head, so in the end i went ahead to get the one with the biggest mass. barring was, i'd say average.. but gotta see how the color shows in my red quartz then can judge the barring
Oh, different one then, the big mass one had more froggy eyes then the one I was talking abt, hmmmm the one I was looking at had a squarer head, the type I like lol. yah, the congi with the deep stripes looks quite nice Thought abt it but yah, a bit small. Might get eaten by my other congi so I decided to look at the endis lol. Tempted by the ansorgii also, nice size for me, not too big not too small.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:27 AM   #12
WiNd.feNg
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenpwoh View Post
may i ask wad does the definition of guinea stands for?? juz wanna clarify... Thx
Guinea would mean it comes from the country Guinea, not too sure of it's specific river as Guinea has 3 rivers passing through her, namely, Gambia, Geba & Saint Paul River (according to wiki). For Volta,

So I guess the locality, though even, is still rather vague about the source of the fish. Different river might give you different characteristics for a same species.
WiNd.feNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:31 AM   #13
WiNd.feNg
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nid View Post
Oh, different one then, the big mass one had more froggy eyes then the one I was talking abt, hmmmm the one I was looking at had a squarer head, the type I like lol. yah, the congi with the deep stripes looks quite nice Thought abt it but yah, a bit small. Might get eaten by my other congi so I decided to look at the endis lol. Tempted by the ansorgii also, nice size for me, not too big not too small.
Got one with fierce face and Angelina Jolie lips ansorgii, if it's still around tomorrow Dan will tell you which is it . Go for it!

Am looking for a endi with super flat eyes too, a different locality i presume
Old 11-06-2011, 02:35 AM   #14
Ben
Dragon

i need to go back down again tomorrow for the congi or endi. then to aquaone to check out the kamihatas. its going to be a busy day tomorrow. plus a mother in law's birthday lunch thrown in.......wish i can skip that
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:36 AM   #15
nid

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiNd.feNg View Post
Got one with fierce face and Angelina Jolie lips ansorgii, if it's still around tomorrow Dan will tell you which is it . Go for it!

Am looking for a endi with super flat eyes too, a different locality i presume
Saw that one, Daniel pointed it out to me the moment I shifted to that tank. Very tempting poison all a ard, but I think I will be waiting for the next shipment, very keen to add a guinea lap to my bunch, or maybe even a pbb if I got the $$$ then.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:37 AM   #16
WiNd.feNg
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
i need to go back down again tomorrow for the congi or endi. then to aquaone to check out the kamihatas. its going to be a busy day tomorrow. plus a mother in law's birthday lunch thrown in.......wish i can skip that
hahahaha very bad ah!

go for the big ansorgii too lah as in the big one at dan's, not the kamihata
Old 11-06-2011, 02:40 AM   #17
nid

Quote:
Haha, both also still have at least 1 nice pc imho, will be going to aquaone tml also, wanna check the price of the japnese perch. Very tempting also.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:41 AM   #18
Ben
Dragon

not interested in big ansorgiis, already have a huge fella that ate alot of my fishes. a congi or a nice endi is top of my list now.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:42 AM   #19
Ben
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nid View Post
Haha, both also still have at least 1 nice pc imho, will be going to aquaone tml also, wanna check the price of the japnese perch. Very tempting also.
the jap perch i heard more than 10 blue ones....
Old 11-06-2011, 02:44 AM   #20
jebus
Dragon

Quote:
not interested in big ansorgiis, already have a huge fella that ate alot of my fishes. a congi or a nice endi is top of my list now.
do check out JZX for the endies. 1-for-1 offer there for the big ones
jebus is offline   Reply With Quote