Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 25-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #31
JeffL
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by avex30 View Post
Yea i mean it no control bubble properly the bubble pop pop pop very big than the might get pop to the dry part of the net hahahaha can happen unless there is another layer
Agree bro. Sometimes these bubbles can pop quite high. What if one small egg got pop over to the dry portion then xxxx...
JeffL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #32
Xmant
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane View Post
i see, for a egg tumbler, which means the eggs are moving within the chambles, seed shrimps have no chance of getting hold of them.

The smaller base of the chamber compare with the top is to prevent the eggs to be siphoned. If the base is bigger then top, it would act like a gravel cleaner, you could imagine the eggs got suck up and held on top mesh. anyway, your idea may be better, hope to see your practical implementation

Check this out although they were fish. Must bear in mind that shrimplets & fries are different in size and resistance to the current flow that they could take after hatched.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Xmant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #33
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmant View Post
Check this out although they were fish. Must bear in mind that shrimplets & fries are different in size and resistance to the current flow that they could take after hatched.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
cant watch YouTube here. what is it showing ?
silane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #34
Xmant
Dragon

Quote:
cant watch YouTube here. what is it showing ?
It's a video on egg tumbler. Actually, that was a commerical product. Came across such product about 2 years ago but not cheap. Noticed that the broader base did provide better tumbling effect, but slightly more difficult to build as it is hard to find readily available clear material to fix everything up.
Old 25-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #35
Navanod
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by avex30 View Post
Yea i mean it no control bubble properly the bubble pop pop pop very big than the might get pop to the dry part of the net hahahaha can happen unless there is another layer
Ya, I have that happening when I use a BIG net and stuck an airstone inside to bubble the eggs...next day, half the eggs are sitting on the frame of the net, dried
Navanod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 12:08 AM   #36
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
It's a video on egg tumbler. Actually, that was a commerical product. Came across such product about 2 years ago but not cheap. Noticed that the broader base did provide better tumbling effect, but slightly more difficult to build as it is hard to find readily available clear material to fix everything up.
boarder base as compare to the top or boarder base as compare to my tube?

Last edited by silane; 26-05-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 26-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #37
shinkuro
Dragon

thank you master silane for sharing. Gona make one soon
shinkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #38
Xmant
Dragon

Quote:
boarder base as compare to the top or boarder base as compare to my tube?
The top tube section should be smaller than the base. The broarder the base the better it will be. What we want is to create an unbalance flow effect inside the base chamber in order to create the tumbling effect, much more easier to control than having a straight long tube regardless of the size in diameter.
Old 26-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #39
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
The top tube section should be smaller than the base. The broarder the base the better it will be. What we want is to create an unbalance flow effect inside the base chamber in order to create the tumbling effect, much more easier to control than having a straight long tube regardless of the size in diameter.
hehe, you may want to check with shrimp eggs with tapped up, tapped down or straight chamber better. for me narrower base work overall well. you can forget about how well it tumble, if they can sucked n top mesh, and i guess you can visualise smaller top or bigger top work better to prevent the egg get sucked.

Last edited by silane; 28-05-2012 at 12:38 AM. Reason: correction: narrower base work better for me
Old 27-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #40
oscar77
Dragon

Thanks for sharing with not only picture, but with explanation. Beside that, every one is sharing their idea and comment positively. In my point of view, this thread bring value to the community.
oscar77 is offline   Reply With Quote