Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 28-05-2012, 01:16 AM   #11
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by avex30 View Post
Nice in implementation sponge combi k1 but look like a lot of splasing happening above kekeke.

I try unload my idea stolen from eviltrain but i modify alittle.
i quite like the splashing for better water circulation and oxygenation, as you can see quite a bit of caves and dead corners to take care off.

if want to have a quiet such filter, one can select long Pet bottle with base above water level and the air hole on base and slightly above water level.
silane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #12
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:

hope to see your "admitted stolen idea". :D
silane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #13
huizhong

Quote:
Nice in implementation sponge combi k1 but look like a lot of splasing happening above kekeke.

i used this exactly same method of sponge filter and diy K1 bottle last year when i was keeping goldfish. haha. the difficult part is connecting the diy bottle opening to the sponge filter outlet!
Old 28-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #14
darrentyl
Arofanatic

Your pump looks power.

Care to share more details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navanod View Post
I'm thinking of stuffing K1 media into a TOTTO bubble stopper, cover the bottom opening of the bubble stopper with a mesh that'll stop the K1 from falling back out, and using that as a K1 filter?

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
darrentyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #15
fat jester

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Navanod;9010181]I'm thinking of stuffing K1 media into a TOTTO bubble stopper, cover the bottom opening of the bubble stopper with a mesh that'll stop the K1 from falling back out, and using that as a K1

Bro Navanod,seriously tis is good one...I loike tis idea..
Old 28-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #16
avex30

I've copied bro alan with a little mod. As i don't really like the big bubbling so i have got this CO2 reactor that suit the purpose.

The whole idea is at the top i drill a hole and insert a tubing 90 elbow to purge air while the black 90 elbow is for the water to circulate thru the K1 media.
Old 28-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #17
gryphon
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrentyl View Post
Your pump looks power.

Care to share more details?
The airstone used in totto seems to be of better quality to produce more fine bubbles compared to normal cheap airstones you buy in LFS. But it is really pricy for such a simply looking device
gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #18
gryphon
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navanod View Post
I'm thinking of stuffing K1 media into a TOTTO bubble stopper, cover the bottom opening of the bubble stopper with a mesh that'll stop the K1 from falling back out, and using that as a K1 filter?

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Good idea but the thickness allows sufficient space for K1 media to move around in the totto?
Wonder if it will be noisy with the K1 knocking against each other and against the totto
gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #19
avex30

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
Good idea but the thickness allows sufficient space for K1 media to move around in the totto?
Wonder if it will be noisy with the K1 knocking against each other and against the totto
not much sound for the knocking at all is only whether you can tahan the bubbling sound.
Old 28-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #20
Navanod
Arofanatic

There's certainly enough space to fit K1 media inside the TOTTO but cannot put alot.
gryphon is very right that the TOTTO airstone is of a very good quality as I'm only using an Ehiem 3704 (split to 6 other things)
Navanod is offline   Reply With Quote