Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 04-08-2011, 04:41 PM   #31
Xmant
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteguy View Post
Hmm, how den do I keep my crs well? Pls enlighten me. If you are willing to teach, I am willing to learn. Those gems, are sold to me by bro goody. I got a total of 16 decent looking A/S. 11 from goodie 5 from gc.

I will watch out the way I handle the shrimps in terms of keeping. Thx for the advise.
I believe my water condition are decent as the other shrimps I got from gc and bro goody colour did not turn transparent.
Tell us your WC regime, your top-up and your water parameters first, then we will try to determine the cause of your problem.

The reason of saying your CRS are not doing well because the white portion has started to decolorise. This is the result of not so ideal condition even though your water may stay within the guided water parameters. Guide is still a guide. It doesn't mean that they should be optimized for CRS. Your breeder may have alter their original parameters through his long keeping. That was what I have done to some species of my shrimps. If you base on the guide, the shrimps might not be able to adapt well. The best thing that you should do is to ask your seller the way that he had kept them.
Xmant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #32
midniteguy
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmant View Post
Tell us your WC regime, your top-up and your water parameters first, then we will try to determine the cause of your problem.

The reason of saying your CRS are not doing well because the white portion has started to decolorise. This is the result of not so ideal condition even though your water may stay within the guided water parameters. Guide is still a guide. It doesn't mean that they should be optimized for CRS. Your breeder may have alter their original parameters through his long keeping. That was what I have done to some species of my shrimps. If you base on the guide, the shrimps might not be able to adapt well. The best thing that you should do is to ask your seller the way that he had kept them.
i do ard 20% water change per week. anti chlorine and chloramine used with tap water left in the open for ard 1hour or so. adding bt-9 and rich water in.

my water parameters as checked on 2/8/11 is ph 6.5 gH5 no2:0ppm no3:10ppm temp is kept at 23degree Celsius ( which flux to 24.x before chiller kick in )

well, according to the seller of this shrimps he told me keep my ph around 6.6-6.8, gH abt 4-6 and kH2. i have sold my kH kit so i am unable to test the kH of my tank water.
midniteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:17 PM   #33
Xmant
Dragon

Quote:
i do ard 20% water change per week. anti chlorine and chloramine used with tap water left in the open for ard 1hour or so. adding bt-9 and rich water in.

my water parameters as checked on 2/8/11 is ph 6.5 gH5 no2:0ppm no3:10ppm temp is kept at 23degree Celsius ( which flux to 24.x before chiller kick in )

well, according to the seller of this shrimps he told me keep my ph around 6.6-6.8, gH abt 4-6 and kH2. i have sold my kH kit so i am unable to test the kH of my tank water.
As far as I can see, the problem lies in your WC. If you still carry on with your current practise, soon your shrimps may be gone. That's also explain the poor coloration of your CRS. 20% WC is by far too much IMO. Others may think otherwise.

Last edited by Xmant; 04-08-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:57 PM   #34
midniteguy
Arofanatic

Quote:
As far as I can see, the problem lies in your WC. If you still carry on with your current practise, soon your shrimps may be gone. That's also explain the poor coloration of your CRS. 20% WC is by far too much IMO. Others may think otherwise.
but those shrimps were only 2 days old in my tank. have not gone thru any WC yet.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:06 AM   #35
Xmant
Dragon

Quote:
but those shrimps were only 2 days old in my tank. have not gone thru any WC yet.
I see. Then keep us update of your progress.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:43 AM   #36
midniteguy
Arofanatic

Quote:
I see. Then keep us update of your progress.
no problem (: will keep up on the updates.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #37
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:

If we look at many of the shrimps in these 2 photos, even if the color improved, a lot of them looks like C grades. Did you buy them as C grades from others?

Honestly, my pov, nice colored C grades are quite attractive. I like e extremes
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #38
midniteguy
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
If we look at many of the shrimps in these 2 photos, even if the color improved, a lot of them looks like C grades. Did you buy them as C grades from others?

Honestly, my pov, nice colored C grades are quite attractive. I like e extremes
nope they were sold to me as B to S grades mix.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #39
goody992828

Hi Bro Midnight,

To be frank with you, I grade those shrimp you mass order as C grade. However I do see some quite interesting pattern in them. Hope you can get something nice out of them.

By the way beside what Bro Xmant mention.... on the way 20% WC is too much, one more thing you might want to look out for. You need to age your conditioned water at least few days prior to changing.

For your info I will collect water and age them for a week before making any water change and the most I will only do a 10% WC....

Hope my input helps......

Cheers