Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 22-09-2005, 04:31 PM   #21
winkelhock
Endangered Dragon

S7 - commonly used in the planted community together with TR7 so as to provide trace elements in the enclosed tank. This is also common with those trying to enhance the appetite of the reds (reds being picky eaters will be choosy and temperaments changes as they grow)

The above is highly dangerous as it might trigger over surplus nutrients and cause green water overnite.
Old 22-09-2005, 04:33 PM   #22
winkelhock
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbird^
erm..means ur water must be calm...cannot have like hurricane katrina kinda movements in water and surface.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh make the water still ah...........
Old 22-09-2005, 04:33 PM   #23
kagemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkelhock
S7 - commonly used in the planted community together with TR7 so as to provide trace elements in the enclosed tank. This is also common with those trying to enhance the appetite of the reds (reds being picky eaters will be choosy and temperaments changes as they grow)

The above is highly dangerous as it might trigger over surplus nutrients and cause green water overnite.
u scare ppl leh...

paiseh...cos the last time my water got skimmed before so need to put back what is taken out...hence I included S7 inside

Old 22-09-2005, 04:33 PM   #24
JK88
Dragon

Quote:

& also too much surplus the red also wont eat as much
Old 22-09-2005, 04:34 PM   #25
newbird^

Quote:
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh make the water still ah...........
yes...still waters...cannot shoot here shoot there ,spray here spray there

Old 22-09-2005, 04:34 PM   #26
JK88
Dragon

Quote:

& also too much surplus of nutrients the aro also wont eat as much, tried it on gold, dont know applies to red?
Old 22-09-2005, 04:38 PM   #27
liquidnoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
OMG...mai hai wa...

bubbles by itself is just a airbubbles enveloped by the surrounding water...once they reached the surface, it will have no more "coating" from the water to sustain its bubble shape --> this we call the "breaking Up"

if the water is saturated with Total Dissolved Solids, it will become more sticky...just like soapy water used to play bubbles...why the bubbles are able to stretched into a bigger shape by joining one another is the existence of the proteins or "oils" from ur feed...this oil will stretched out and hold the shape

hence when we see the amount of bubbles cumulating, its also meaning ur "dissolved" waste level is increasing

Hope I make it clear in my illustration
no lah no hai.
Recently I revamp my IOS. manage to get pH about 7.6~7.8 maintain
I did about 45% WC also damp in alot of anti-chlorine.
I notice that there are bubblies more then normal. I know more alcoline water can happen also like wat u have mention. But the additional is just CC. maybe a little too much anti-chlorine.
My water surface bubblies but no oil residue.
tested water okay leh. wat does it mean
?

Old 22-09-2005, 04:39 PM   #28
winkelhock
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
u scare ppl leh...

paiseh...cos the last time my water got skimmed before so need to put back what is taken out...hence I included S7 inside

I treid that when with my outdoor glass tank once...and boom !!! overnite water spoil liao....after that i dun touch S7 or wat soever liao....normal diet like ghost shrimps and crickets good enough.....
Old 22-09-2005, 04:41 PM   #29
terence28

Quote:
I dun even know what is agitation...
Current, disturbance, etc. Last nite we moved my water return pipe from surface level down to the tank bottom... thats one way to redice aggitation...

Kage, i got share hor... dun always say i never share!

Old 22-09-2005, 04:42 PM   #30
winkelhock
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence28
Current, disturbance, etc. Last nite we moved my water return pipe from surface level down to the tank bottom... thats one way to redice aggitation...

Kage, i got share hor... dun always say i never share!

Kum sia kum sia....but i still have many agitation but then totally no agitaion the fish how to breathe??

Tags
tanning light arowana