Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 29-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #81
cheetf
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by avex30 View Post
How is the water going to get carry back to the chiller bro no hard feeling? The black rubber is heat shrink to cover the cable that is solder to the thermostate. As for the grey colour is the rubber insulation not acting at a hose it is rubber insulation to protect the i think is cat 5 cable from damage. Even if water get in at the black heat shrink it will short the thermostate contact with the wiring but will never bring water back down to the chiller.
Bro have you ever siphoned water with a hose? Which is more effective? A long hose or a short hose? If you look carefully at the black part it is to prevent water from getting into the thermister through the sides between the wire and the metal probe. If it is so water tight then why need the black part.

Also there is the capillary effect, once water gets in, it gets sucked in further by this effect, unless the chiller it higher than the tank, then it won't be an issue lah. Otherwise the water will be surely helped by gravity

Anyway what bro Koji does is his choice. I am just sounding my concerns.

Anyway how deep is the tank? Will the difference between the top and the bottom half a degree different? Half a degree different?

And does it make a matter if it is half a degree different? What is the purpose of the probe? It is to measure the temperature for the chiller to kick in. If it changes 1 degree at the bottom does it not change 1 degree at the top? What is the tolerance of the chiller thermostat?

As for the lights, what bro Koji using? Floodlights? It may heat things up but then again the probe is for the chiller to kick in when there is a difference. So again does it really matter that much? Will it heat up the probe so much that it cannot do it's job?

No hard feelings hor.
cheetf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #82
Koji™
Account Disabled

Can make up your mind not? Probe up or down or center? I very busy leh like that whole day adjusting.
Koji™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #83
gereld_hor
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji™ View Post
Can make up your mind not? Probe up or down or center? I very busy leh like that whole day adjusting.
actually most of the time, the shrimps will be at the bottom of the tank, so i will say either bottom or center.. for mi, i prefer the center
gereld_hor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #84
berber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji™ View Post
i put near the bottom.. maybe just about 2inch above the soil!
Old 29-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #85
avex30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetf View Post
Bro have you ever siphoned water with a hose? Which is more effective? A long hose or a short hose? If you look carefully at the black part it is to prevent water from getting into the thermister through the sides between the wire and the metal probe. If it is so water tight then why need the black part.

Also there is the capillary effect, once water gets in, it gets sucked in further by this effect, unless the chiller it higher than the tank, then it won't be an issue lah. Otherwise the water will be surely helped by gravity

Anyway what bro Koji does is his choice. I am just sounding my concerns.

Anyway how deep is the tank? Will the difference between the top and the bottom half a degree different? Half a degree different?

And does it make a matter if it is half a degree different? What is the purpose of the probe? It is to measure the temperature for the chiller to kick in. If it changes 1 degree at the bottom does it not change 1 degree at the top? What is the tolerance of the chiller thermostat?

As for the lights, what bro Koji using? Floodlights? It may heat things up but then again the probe is for the chiller to kick in when there is a difference. So again does it really matter that much? Will it heat up the probe so much that it cannot do it's job?

No hard feelings hor.
Nah none taken we sharing pointer here yes i know the heat shrink aka the black rubber piece is not a 100% water tight. however the prode he got have 2 layer of insulation aka the grey colour rubber tightly sealing the 2nd set of black and white rubber insulated cable. Yea like i say the water might sip in to short the thermistor but it will not be able to have the ability to flow thru the insulation. As it is tightly seal of cause there is also a reason why my the electrical trade why we sometime use armour cable directly buried underground armour cable are make of many layer of insulation frankly speaking i've not seen water sipping thru the insulation. Well maybe i did miss out on such occassion where it does. But frankly 18 yrs in the trade i've yet to see water sipping thru a cable insulation like a hose effect
Old 29-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #86
Koji™
Account Disabled

I think I have touch the water for too much today. Leaving the probe at center for now. Next week then bottom again.
Old 29-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #87
Koji™
Account Disabled

Yummy yummy breakfast shoot after their daily water change.

Old 29-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #88
soonhong

So many enjoying breakfast......envy the population.....
Old 29-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #89
berber

wah!!!! bro koji! you got alot of adult shrimps liao lea! when can we see alot of shrimplets?? ahahahah... very nice to see whole bunch crowding!
Old 29-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #90
Koji™
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonhong View Post
So many enjoying breakfast......envy the population.....
You also can ma. Mine not PRL just common A, S, SS, SSS nia hor. And also a few pieces of C.