Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 29-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #41
Humongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote66 View Post
my point is that
there are better ways he can pursue what he want to do
without affecting his family materialistically

to me he is like a general who has given away his wife and disarmed his soldiers without achieving anything

by the way.....al these nothing personal hor
if i may get infracted points den i apologised to all and move on
The talk of alternative approach or prose differ much in every individual, having a 赤字之心, 报国之义 and going thru what the PAP mouth piece smear campaign it is evident that the target or goals set to discredit CSJ yielded result.

The Media portrayal of CSJ 政治形相, 民间形相 与诚信操守的出入 all deliberated by controlled source.

Just to write him off as 《蜀相》 (唐)杜甫 ; 出师未捷身先死,长使英雄泪满襟。..

He may still spring up as a surprise to many that wrote him off, after PAP Smear Campaign.
Old 29-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #42
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_gal View Post
Btw.. Bankrupt can own HDB and car?
HDB can, besides it's a 3rm flat, thus no issue. Car... I wonder...
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #43
Humongous

Quote:
I dunno, but to even HAVE a car, and be able to drive his kids to school everyday, with his wife and himself not drawing any stable income.

He's not as badly off as ppl think he is, la.

The OA will not seize HDB residential properties owned by bankrupt Singapore citizens for distribution to creditors.

The OA will seize the Car should it still being service with a Car loan at the point the individual is made a bankrupt, as for Dr Chee is old car was paid up prior to him being bankrupt, thus the OA does not seize the car.

Q: When the Official Assignee (OA) seizes a bankrupt’s belongings, which personal and home items is he allowed to keep?

Section 78(2) of the Bankruptcy Act lists the property that is specifically excluded from being divided among a bankrupt’s creditors, being:

1) Property held by the bankrupt in trust for any other person;

2) The tools, if any, of his trade;

3) Such clothing, bedding, furniture, household equipment and provisions as are necessary for satisfying the basic domestic needs of the bankrupt and his family; and

4) Any property of the bankrupt that is excluded under any other written law.
Old 29-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #44
Humongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli View Post
I think it's difficult for him and his wife to get a job in Singapore especially he is bankrupt. As for his wife, once she put her husband name on the resume, how many will still employ her? MOE, HDB, PSB, etc... and civil service job?
exactly as an inhibited fear of business backlash from you know who, many will refuse even to grant an interview lack alone a job. Many also could not understand that simple living itself differ much from every individual.
Old 29-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #45
Guppies Onli
Dragon

It's a paper car - a 19 yrs old COE onli car and fully paid. The onli thing expensive is the car insurance that keep going up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
HDB can, besides it's a 3rm flat, thus no issue. Car... I wonder...
Guppies Onli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #46
Humongous

Quote:
I dunno, but to even HAVE a car, and be able to drive his kids to school everyday, with his wife and himself not drawing any stable income.

He's not as badly off as ppl think he is, la.

His source of maintenance budget, may come from savings from the past, proceeds from books sale, and as a guest speaker at foreign varsity.

It is tough but no less diginifed.
Old 29-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #47
Guppies Onli
Dragon

If both MIW MP and him come forward to shake your hand, whose hand will you shake first? I will definitely move forward and shake CSJ hand and wave bye bye to the MIW.
Old 29-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #48
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
If both MIW MP and him come forward to shake your hand, whose hand will you shake first?
In GE1996, JBJ was fighting in Cheng San GRC. When I saw him, I walked up to him to shake his hands.

In that same campaign period, GCT, TT, and a few ministers made their rounds in Hougang. I turned my back and walked away.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #49
Guppies Onli
Dragon

Cheers. I remember seeing one of the news when the pinky boy was standing outside the mrt station waiting to shake ppl's hand, but many also juz walked away and pretend didn't see him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
In GE1996, JBJ was fighting in Cheng San GRC. When I saw him, I walked up to him to shake his hands.

In that same campaign period, GCT, TT, and a few ministers made their rounds in Hougang. I turned my back and walked away.
Old 29-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #50
richardg
Arofanatic

Quote:
If both MIW MP and him come forward to shake your hand, whose hand will you shake first? I will definitely move forward and shake CSJ hand and wave bye bye to the MIW.
would love to shake his hand and have a pic taken..
richardg is offline   Reply With Quote