Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 30-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #31
Beerman
Endangered Dragon

Default $1.2B to build a river in Bishan Park???

Coffeeshop Chit Chat - $1.2B to build a river in Bishan Park???

To: ALL (1 of 8)
Low Soon Peng

How do I know PAP has absolutely LOST it's sense of propriety? Look at the following report:

"Inderjit Singh said that Bishan Park would be upgraded within a few months, and that there would be a new man-made river running through the park. He said that the project would cost $1.2 billion in total."

This is absolute improper use and allocation of public funds. The PAP would rather spend S$1.2 BILLION DOLLARS ON A RIVER, instead of allocating the fund to causes that need urgent attention!

Think of that when u see the old granny collecting the cardboard boxes! Or that Family who are about to lost their flat due to retrenchment, or the family who are facing a suffocating medical bill! This misplaced sense of priority is frightening!

PAP is telling me a S$1.2 BILLION DOLLAR man-made river, which Singaporeans are too busy to enjoy anyway, are more important than its NEEDY AND UNFORTUNATE!

A Truly Sad state of governing.

Vote for A Better Parliament. Vote Opposition!

Vote Wisely.

Majulah Singapura.
Beerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #32
richardg
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
$10M ...... means at least 50,000 fines are going to be issued.
hmm...
did reservist in SPF
then fines were never tied to any budget item for anything
$10m from MOF is not even significant compared with their overall budget

in fact its only 5m plus optional 5m.
richardg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #33
richardg
Arofanatic

$1.2 billion is for entire ABC project
http://www.pub.gov.sg/abcwaters/Pages/default.aspx

not just bishan park

Still mega projects like ABC and GBB should at least have been discussed with public.
IMHO, GBB 1billion is better spent elsewhere
ABC could go for more cost effective options.
Not to mention , YOG.

Our family goes to bishan park and enjoy the facilities there quite often.
Nice place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
30-04-2011, 07:00 PM #1
makapaaa
makapaaa is offline Alfrescian (Inf)

My Reputation Points: 784 / Power: 8
Default $1.2B to build a river in Bishan Park???

Coffeeshop Chit Chat - $1.2B to build a river in Bishan Park???

To: ALL (1 of 8)
Low Soon Peng

How do I know PAP has absolutely LOST it's sense of propriety? Look at the following report:

"Inderjit Singh said that Bishan Park would be upgraded within a few months, and that there would be a new man-made river running through the park. He said that the project would cost $1.2 billion in total."

This is absolute improper use and allocation of public funds. The PAP would rather spend S$1.2 BILLION DOLLARS ON A RIVER, instead of allocating the fund to causes that need urgent attention!

Think of that when u see the old granny collecting the cardboard boxes! Or that Family who are about to lost their flat due to retrenchment, or the family who are facing a suffocating medical bill! This misplaced sense of priority is frightening!

PAP is telling me a S$1.2 BILLION DOLLAR man-made river, which Singaporeans are too busy to enjoy anyway, are more important than its NEEDY AND UNFORTUNATE!

A Truly Sad state of governing.

Vote for A Better Parliament. Vote Opposition!

Vote Wisely.

Majulah Singapura.
Old 30-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #34
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardg View Post
hmm...
did reservist in SPF
then fines were never tied to any budget item for anything
$10m from MOF is not even significant compared with their overall budget

in fact its only 5m plus optional 5m.
waoh ...... SPF also issue mosquito fines ar ????
jwhtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #35
richardg
Arofanatic

Quote:
hahaha nope
concept la...
Old 30-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #36
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123

Quote:

to top the 10mil, poodles may even catch housefly case hoh
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #37
dzylim
Arofanatic

i do not think that the mossies are breeding in the houses. just look at the weather these few weeks. any water would be dried up in a couple of days before the larvae can develop. more like the chocked pipes and covered drains are the one that are breeding them.
dzylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #38
Aris
Arofanatic

From my discussions a few weeks ago with someone who deals with NEA, it is not good to highlight issues that cast negative views about Singapore, hence when companies keen to do business with the government need to understand there is an unspoken understanding about these things. Otherwise they will not be entertained by NEA.

In the past, making DHF a big issue and telling NEA that DHF in Singapore is getting worse and that the public should be informed, will not get one anywhere and will upset NEA. The onus is not on anyone apart from NEA to mention it, and as I said, in the past, NEA will not be very happy if an outsider shouts to the world that Singapore has serious problems with DHF.

The same goes for other government bodies should any person/s start advertising negative news about Singapore and it involves their area of responsibility. For example, Al Jazeera was kicked out of Singapore for airing the Singaporean poor camping out in Bedok, etc.

It is only when the problem persists and is staring them right in the face will they then admit, yes Singapore has a problem. Then as has happened in this recent case, when the green light is given, the public is overwhelmed with the news headlines and it becomes the talk of the town.
Aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #39
Aris
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzylim View Post
i do not think that the mossies are breeding in the houses. just look at the weather these few weeks. any water would be dried up in a couple of days before the larvae can develop. more like the chocked pipes and covered drains are the one that are breeding them.
I was looking at the covered drains in my area and I see stagnant water. This morning, a carpark I normally visit on weekdays(and I know Usually has a pool of water after the rains because of a depression), also has water. It is evident no one takes notice about it, as nothing had been done for the past 2 years until the spot is green with slime. The drain beside it is dry and obviously cleaned regularly by the bangla, but that depression is totally ignored by all the residents in that area.
Aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #40
richardg
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris View Post
From my discussions a few weeks ago with someone who deals with NEA, it is not good to highlight issues that cast negative views about Singapore, hence when companies keen to do business with the government need to understand there is an unspoken understanding about these things. Otherwise they will not be entertained by NEA.

In the past, making DHF a big issue and telling NEA that DHF in Singapore is getting worse and that the public should be informed, will not get one anywhere and will upset NEA. ........:
have no idea where you got this info from.

everyday we (NC) contact NEA to discuss on how we can inform residents so that they will be aware......