Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 13-09-2011, 10:52 AM   #31
vannel

Just wondering about the choice of lava rocks in the cory tank. Isn't that supposed to be bad for their barbels since the rocks are jagged and very rough?
Old 13-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #32
jest1081
Dragon

JIG, this is really special!
jest1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #33
jest1081
Dragon

just a thought though, would it make you scape look better if you look for DW with thinner branches to create the 'root' effect for your scape.

maybe something like this?
jest1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 08:03 AM   #34
vannel

Hmm. I think JIG's tank was not meant to recreate the biotope. Also, being a 1ft cube, I don't think the root effect will be ideal since it'll take up quite abit of space within the tank.
Old 21-09-2011, 01:43 AM   #35
JadeIceGreen

Hey all..

I'm so sorry I have not been active the last few weeks. I've been really busy with school and work. Give me some time and I will answer all the questions by tomorrow or the day after.

Thank you for your patience!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #36
aidil257

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
Time flies. It seems to be only recently that I set up my first Corydoras tank, but now, here we are on a brand new tank. It is with great excitement that I can once again embark on an aquascaping project that is done from the ground up. As usual, this build thread is meant to be a catalyst for discussions in which we can all learn from one another.

The aquarium that I will be using is the ADA 30cm Cube. ADA Cube Gardens are well-known for their clarity and they achieve this by using glass that contains low amounts of iron. Low iron glass do not have the typical greenish tinge that are found in normal glass aquariums and are similar to, but not as clear as acrylic aquariums. Although many of us have seen pictures of ADA Cube Gardens, their clarity cannot only be really appreciated until viewed in person. I was pleasantly impressed when the aquarium was first filled.

Aquarium Specifications:
Name | ADA 30C Cube Garden
Dimensions | 30cm length x 30cm depth x 30cm height
Material | Glass
Thickness | 5mm
Capacity | 25 litres

This macro shot shows the high standard of silicon work found in an ADA Cube Garden. The work is extremely neat and clean, with only as much silicon as needed to hold the aquarium walls securely together.

Besides the high standard in silicon work, the aquarium walls have been machined cut to precision. It’s gratifying to use such a carefully crafted aquarium.

I will not be going into details on the equipment, nutrients and feed that are being used, but will cover them in time to come.

Equipment:
Filter | Eheim Classic 2213
Filtration Media | Eheim Mech Pro | Eheim Substrat Pro | Carbon Pad | Fine Filter Pad
Filtration Pipes | BorneoWild Stainless Steel Inflow / Outflow
Filtration Accessories | 2x Eheim Double Taps | Eheim tubes
Lighting | Ecoxotic Aluminum LED Arm | 12,000K 9 watts LED | 10 hours

Aquascape:
Substrate | ADA Rio Negro Sand
Hardscape | BorneoWild Numanuddo Malayan Driftwood S & M | Black Lava Rock
Flora | Java Fern on Wood | US Fissiden on Lava Rock | Anubias Nana “Petite”

Others:
Cycling Agent | Seachem Stability
Carbon Dioxide| Seachem Excel | 3ml Daily
Nutrient | ADA Green Brightly Shade | 3ml Daily
Water Conditioner | Seachem Prime | 1ml per water change
Fauna | 5 Adult Corydoras | 4 Juvenile Corydoras
Feed| Hikari Sinking Wafers | 4 pellets Daily
Test Kits | Sera Ammonia | Sera Nitrite | Sera pH
Temperature | 24 – 28 degree Celsius

My requirement for a tall green background flora that does not grow in substrate meant that I was largely limited to the choice of the Java fern. The good news is that the Java fern comes in a few varieties and sizes, aiding in the establishment of a balanced layout when solely using it as a background flora.

Bro dont mind sharing as of where do you buy the Eheim Classic 2213 filtration system and how much? Thks...
Old 13-10-2011, 09:29 AM   #37
Sunday
Dragon

Awaiting updates, especially the growth of your moss! I always feel inspired by reading your journals, makes me feet, hands and wallet real itchy!
Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #38
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Bro JIG recently very busy. Seldom see him update here.
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #39
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
Bro JIG recently very busy. Seldom see him update here.
Hello Bros!!! I'm back!

Really sorry for the months of absence. Work buried me under and I'm still behind. However, I am now back for good and I apologize for not planning out my time properly and leaving the thread empty.

This tank is currently for sale as I realized I do not have the passion for "big", lol, tanks. I am back to my nano tanks and I will have a new journal for that.

However, I will still be around here to answer any questions. I realized that a lot of the question asked are a few months old. Therefore, I will not be answering them but feel free to ask any questions.

Once again, do forgive my absence, I missed everyone here.
Old 29-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #40
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
Hello Bros!!! I'm back!

Really sorry for the months of absence. Work buried me under and I'm still behind. However, I am now back for good and I apologize for not planning out my time properly and leaving the thread empty.

This tank is currently for sale as I realized I do not have the passion for "big", lol, tanks. I am back to my nano tanks and I will have a new journal for that.

However, I will still be around here to answer any questions. I realized that a lot of the question asked are a few months old. Therefore, I will not be answering them but feel free to ask any questions.

Once again, do forgive my absence, I missed everyone here.
Welcome back, bro! Good to have you back... But it's my turn to take a break. Lol. Finally moved into my new place, busy with unpacking stuff. Will be setting up an aro/ray tank, so i may be off the grid for awhile. Most of my plants and fauna didn't survive the moving. All but 1 each of my black phantom tetras and guppy fries that i reared from babies until adulthood are gone. My riccia tree dried out coz i was too busy and forgot entirely that it was in a plastic bag. Nearly broke something in frustration, but then again, it's a new house. anyways, glad that you're back.
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote