Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-10-2011, 02:01 AM   #41
dkk08
Arofanatic
 
dkk08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by best88 View Post


Just to share a picture of the sole survivor out of the 100+ baby seahorses. Finally a success!
Congrats bro!
dkk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2011, 02:02 AM   #42
dkk08
Arofanatic
 
dkk08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine_lover View Post
Where you get the Hippocampus zebra? what is the price like?
CF brings in Hippocampus zebra occasionally and sells at $500/pair or $150-$200 each depending on the stock
dkk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2011, 09:28 AM   #43
Crazy Dragon
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by best88 View Post


Just to share a picture of the sole survivor out of the 100+ baby seahorses. Finally a success!

The baby seahorse looks cute. Congratulation!
Crazy Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #44
reborn4ever
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Congratulation.. By the way do you use chiller for your seahorse tank?
  Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #45
best88
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 99
Default

thanks ! i did not use any chiller , my tank temperature was around 28-29 degree .
best88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2011, 05:50 AM   #46
whitenoise
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi! Thanks for sharing those pics. What do you feed seahorses with? I placed some cyclop-eze in, but am never sure if the seahorses eat them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #47
best88
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 99
Default

i feed them with frozen ghost shrimps but once a week i will feed them with small live marine shrimps that i brought from the malay people who always catches them because the main food of most species appears to be small shrimps and other crustaceans, but they will accept other foods in captivity. you can feed the cyclop-eze to the ghost shrimps and than awhile later you can start freezing the ghost shrimps for feeding .
best88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 11:09 AM   #48
dkk08
Arofanatic
 
dkk08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by best88 View Post
i feed them with frozen ghost shrimps but once a week i will feed them with small live marine shrimps that i brought from the malay people who always catches them because the main food of most species appears to be small shrimps and other crustaceans, but they will accept other foods in captivity. you can feed the cyclop-eze to the ghost shrimps and than awhile later you can start freezing the ghost shrimps for feeding .
u got from the malay people? u mean ur neighbors?

Anyway they may eat cyclopeeze, may only coz I've seen mine eat cyclopeeze occasionally but its definitely no their staple diet.

What bro best88 suggested is good, gutload the ghost shrimp with cyclopeeze then feed them to the seahorse. Alternatively you can try live brine shrimp
dkk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #49
best88
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkk08 View Post
u got from the malay people? u mean ur neighbors?

Anyway they may eat cyclopeeze, may only coz I've seen mine eat cyclopeeze occasionally but its definitely no their staple diet.

What bro best88 suggested is good, gutload the ghost shrimp with cyclopeeze then feed them to the seahorse. Alternatively you can try live brine shrimp
I met them at Changi fishing point. We had a chat and they said that they have a lobang to catch the small shrimps and if they caught some, they would sell them to me. I will attach a photo on how the small shrimps look like. By the way, I also bought a wild seahorse from them.

best88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 12:16 AM   #50
dkk08
Arofanatic
 
dkk08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by best88 View Post
I met them at Changi fishing point. We had a chat and they said that they have a lobang to catch the small shrimps and if they caught some, they would sell them to me. I will attach a photo on how the small shrimps look like. By the way, I also bought a wild seahorse from them.

Spino!!! Crap and I saw it at our good fren's place just now hahaha now I know who's the donator
dkk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 12:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)