Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Resources and Articles

Old 19-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
leonben

Default Easycarbo or seachem excel

Hi all, just setup a new planted tank in my custom made tank of 62 cm x 25cm x 21cm. Post some pics later.

I use a 55 watt 7800 kelvins pl light for growing the aquatic plants. ADa amazon II soil and tetra sticks as substrate. Before that i was using excel(500ml) as a substitute to carbon doxide. Finishing soon.

Was thinking of changing to easy life easycarbo as i heard its more concentrated. So is easycarbo or excel better? pls share with me your experience on these 2 products? Your opinions are needed.

Also i intend to keep shrimp in the planted tank.

cheers ben
Old 19-01-2010, 05:38 PM   #2
Newtank

I have not used excel exclusively as an alternative before, but my advise would be ; if excel works for you, stick to it.

in any case, i would think they are all the same, the difference would not be that significant since they are both prominent brands in the Aquarium market. Unless you are talking about some China or Taiwan brands, then I think it would be a valid concern......but that's just my thoughts