Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 07-10-2006, 10:49 PM   #11
tcy81
Dragon

can pm the price that u bought this chiller ?

n wan to check if when u chiller is on.... is it very hot ?
cos i am thinking of setting up a fish tank in my room.....
do u tink it will cos my room to feel warm ?
tcy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:01 PM   #12
gereld_hor
Endangered Dragon

can pm mi the price for this HC-150A?
gereld_hor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:12 AM   #13
jess2006
Dragon

pl pm me the price of this chiller also and where to get it at best price.
thnks
jess2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:06 PM   #14
Zysfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfun View Post
Based on my observation .. after chilling to 26C. It will take about 45-60mins before the next kick in depending on my ambient temperature (this flucutate as you know)
So could you estimate the total kick-in time for a 24hour clock? Will give you a rough estimate of the monthly charges. Thanks!
Old 13-10-2006, 12:05 AM   #15
kevino

Default Advice

Can anyone advice the price and where can I get it? Need to replace my CL280. Thanks.
Old 13-10-2006, 09:00 PM   #16
troyz
Arofanatic

Quote:
Was looking for a new 1/10HP chiller in the market which fit my limited budget.

Having read some review of the Hailea chiller from local and overseas aquarium forum, i have come to decide on the new Hailea HC-150A series chiller which come with 1 yr warranty.

1) Price wise it seem to be around the same range as Resun CL280 (also 1/10HP) but electricity comsumption wise it seem Hailea is slightly more efficient and consume less electricity based on the spec alone.

2) Hailea HC-150A specification state that it need a flowrate of 250-1200L/H for it to work properly. Resun CL280 recommend flowrate of 500L-1000L/H.

3) I was informed that compressor of Hailea was from MITSUBISHI.

4) Hailea chiller will show temperature with a 1 decimal place compare with Resun. But please note that setting of chiller temperature cannot be done for 1 decimal place. It can be only be set 24, 25, 26, 27C ..etc.

5) Like Resun, Hailea also OEM for a few manufacturers and one of them i found is Nisso brand from Japan. http://www.nisso-int.co.jp/new/IndoorCooler.htm

Specification of Hailea :
http://www.hailea.com/product-1/HC-150A.htm

I think the AMP should be 1.1amp instead of 1 as stated in the box and the sticker behind my HC-150A.

Once i got my HC-150A, i was eager to test it out and i wonder how can i actually gaudge the actual power consumption of the HC-150A to determine whether it's as efficient as what's state on the spec. Rated voltage of 220-240V with a 1.1amp. That translate to wattage of 242-264 watts for the HC-150A.

Finally an idea struck me and the answer to my above question can be done via my existing APC UPS that i use for my PC. The UPS have a USB connection to my PC which i can use the software provided to monitor the device that's hooked on the UPS.

My setup :

With all the equipment ready, i was on the way to test my HC-150A

Below is my test environment and result i got :

Tank size : 2ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft
Ambient temperature : 30 degree
Tank temperatue : 27 degree
Set temperature : 26 degree
Flowrate : 1060L/H eheim 2228 canister filter
Cooling time taken : 45 mins.
Estimated total water volume : 115L
Lighthing : 2 x 24W T5HO running.
APC UPS : Support max of 400W.

The HC-150A thermostat off the box was pretty accurate. It was having a difference of 0.6C from my tank thermometer. For example, if my tank is showing 27C, on the HC-150A is showing 26.4C. Luckily this differences can be easily calibrated on the HC-150A. It allow calibration of +/- 1.5 degree. This calibration instruction sadly was not mentioned in the manual.

Press the UP and DOWN arrow button at the same time. You will heard a beep and the calibration is shown. For my situation, i pressed UP x 6 time = 0.6C increase. Press SET when done and you will notice that the temperature shown in the HC-150A is in line with my tank thermometer.

To set the temperature for chiller to maintain just press and hold SET button and you will hear a beep sound. Using the UP/DOWN arrow button you can preset the temperature you want.

During the test, i have also found that the temperature difference for HC-150A to kick in is +1 degree. For example i set 26 degree for my HC-150A. The HC-150A will only kick in when it's thermostat reading is 27 degree.

What's most interesting is of course the reading from my UPS. I was pleased with the reading i got.

I can see from the software that the HC-150A is drawing 240watts when it's running. After 10 mins it peak at 248watts constant till the chiller cooled my tank to 26 degree.

Time taken to cool 1 degree from 27C to 26C is clocked at 45mins with lighting on.

Conclusion : Overall i was pleased with the performance of the HC-150A because the performance is close to the specification and the kick in timing for the chiller is consistent from what i have observed. So for you guys looking for a small chiller for your 2ft tank, we have another option now.
HI Bro ,if i am not wrong , the compressor inside is not Mitsubishi...i think u just have to open the front cover...the sticker of the brand is paste beside the compressor...
troyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2006, 02:16 PM   #17
byfun
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyz View Post
HI Bro ,if i am not wrong , the compressor inside is not Mitsubishi...i think u just have to open the front cover...the sticker of the brand is paste beside the compressor...
Thanks for the info. I read from some website it's Mitsubishi. If you open the front cover of hailea chiller it's the radiator and the compressor is behind it so we won't see the compressor unless we dismantle the whole chiller casing. This kind of design is similiar to what Artica is using.

Previously i was using Resun, the compressor is in front and radiator is behind so when front cover is taken off we can see the compressor.
byfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #18
Kensk

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I read from some website it's Mitsubishi. If you open the front cover of hailea chiller it's the radiator and the compressor is behind it so we won't see the compressor unless we dismantle the whole chiller casing. This kind of design is similiar to what Artica is using.

Previously i was using Resun, the compressor is in front and radiator is behind so when front cover is taken off we can see the compressor.
I bought the same chiller too...very quiet and temp setting is accurate.
Old 16-10-2006, 01:49 PM   #19
tygerlim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensk View Post
I bought the same chiller too...very quiet and temp setting is accurate.
Good finding for a chiller, anyone care to share on the price?
Old 21-10-2006, 06:39 AM   #20
blackBRUSHalgae

sweet! do you guys think that this 1/10hp chiller will be sufficient to bring my 200L planted tank, which at 28deg water temp with cooling fans, to 26deg?