Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 14-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #581
bangballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacquir View Post
Hi Bro.

What I do is i take those clear plastic disposable cup.. those tall kinds from starbucks or coffee bean. i clean them dry.
take a piece of the small egg crate as in the picture with a tweezer or just my hands, and shake them inside the cup, they'll drop into the cup. its too tall and slippery for them to jump up/out. then i placed a bit of the calcium powder. shake shake a bit. then pour it all into my frog tank for feeding.

i do it with my cup and hands inside the condo tank. its tall enough so the pinheads wont jump out. just gotta be careful cos they may jump up ur hands.
Thanks! Haven't checked this thread for some time. I've started to breed my own pinheads. They grow very fast! Before you know it, they are too large for my small frogs already. Anyway I bought the repashy bugs burger (food for crickets). Strange thing is they seem to die after eating it. I think the reason is that the food tends to be a bit wet and gelatinous. And the moisture made them clump together and somehow die.
Old 16-11-2013, 12:32 AM   #582
IK2

It could be because of a high calcium content. Insects do not do well with it, at least where feeders are usually concerned. Crickets have a life expectancy of something like twelve hours after consuming excessive calcium. I don't know if this duration changes with age.
Old 18-11-2013, 11:23 PM   #583
Zacquir
Arofanatic

Hey bro bangballs.. congrats on ur cricket breeding.. im considering of breeding too.. cos quite hard to get pinhead resupply..
Care to share some tips on ur breeding setup.
Nyway.. i feed them sugarcane.. can buy from wet-market.. also when u eat oranges, keep the peels to put in the tank. Theyre growing well and fast too..

Thanks for sharing on the repashy cricket food. I almost did purchase it. Hehe. Im pretty comfy with my sugarcane diet for them.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
Zacquir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2013, 01:12 AM   #584
bangballs

About the bugs burger issue, I don't think it's because of the high calcium. The food is meant for keeping the crickets alive, and not "gut loading" them. But I've since stopped using that. Now I'm feeding them my sinking algae pellet, and the crickets love it. To think that the bugs burger costs $15.. Zz

Breeding- what I did was purchase a box of adult crickets, place a small container with soil or peat moss into the cricket enclosure for 1-2 days and then remove them. You will be impressed by how instinctively those pregnant females will gather at the container and start laying their eggs almost immediately. They shove the end of their abdomen into the soil. Within 1-2 weeks you will be amazed by the number of little fellas hatching out from the soil. Start feeding them and soon they'll reach edible size. Read all these from the internet. Something to note though. People always advice spraying water to keep humidity high. But they are from temperate countries. Our climate will never require that. In fact I realize too much moisture kills the crickets. Some people feed with moist food (like sugar cane). I just dip my pellets in water to moisten them. That's about all the water they need.
Old 26-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #585
leowweilee

Tot this is a common tree frog? Cos i saw in qianhu and khatib. Khatib one they have like 10 in a small tank
Old 07-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #586
Clamence
Arofanatic

Sharing my tree frog tank setup

With a DIY cover
Housing two frogs for 1 year plus already. But one of the frogs is in a very bad state now, suddenly not moving much,cant move properly and not eating after i came back from overseas
Clamence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #587
Clamence
Arofanatic

Sorry photobucket got some problem.

Clamence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #588
Zacquir
Arofanatic

Sharing my frog enclosure. Using the normal gex tank. With some live plants and live moss. Low budget now, hence the small tank.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
Zacquir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #589
IK2

Focus should be on tank height.
Old 26-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #590
smokescreen
Arofanatic

Hi. I have two GTF for adoption. If u are interested. Pls pm me. Thanks
smokescreen is offline   Reply With Quote