Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 24-03-2014, 07:57 PM   #601
Clamence
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asia_landscape View Post
Hi Silentous,
thanks for your good advice and experience.

What abt my setup below will it be trouble some to clean?
What are the food to feed these fellows?

The jurong west shop lady told me dry food can...
i wonder got "ali ba ba" me or not.

I always thgt they eat live food like cricket.

Full pics:http://tropicalfisherman.blogspot.sg...red-belly.html

Bro they are fire bellied toads, not green tree frogs. Your setup is fine for them, but becareful the crayfish might harm them. They should feed well on a mix diet of crickets, fish(place in shallow dish so that they can catch easily) and occasional mealworm. Most are able to be accustomed to being hand fed.
PS they are illegal in sg.

Old 24-03-2014, 07:59 PM   #602
Asia_landscape
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamence View Post
Bro they are fire bellied toads, not green tree frogs. Your setup is fine for them, but becareful the crayfish might harm them. They should feed well on a mix diet of crickets, fish(place in shallow dish so that they can catch easily) and occasional mealworm. Most are able to be accustomed to being hand fed.
PS they are illegal in sg.

illegal?
they are sold in Jurong West Blk 502 market...
Asia_landscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 08:04 PM   #603
silentous
Arofanatic

Quote:
Hi Silentous,
thanks for your good advice and experience.

What abt my setup below will it be trouble some to clean?
What are the food to feed these fellows?

The jurong west shop lady told me dry food can...
i wonder got "ali ba ba" me or not.

I always thgt they eat live food like cricket.

These aren't green tree frogs bro. I don't have much knowledge on them, never kept them before.

I've never seen any frog eating food that doesn't move. Even if I am feeding them forzen roaches, I have to use a tong to pretend it's moving in front of the frog before they will take a bite.

Given your setup, if u put crickets the crickets have a high chance of drowning. You might want to feed the frogs in another enclosure. I am not sure if those frogs are fast, if they are, they might aim for your guppies.

Lastly, I would suggest you to observe the crayfish, not sure if it would attack the frogs or not.
silentous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 03:14 PM   #604
Asia_landscape
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentous View Post
These aren't green tree frogs bro. I don't have much knowledge on them, never kept them before.

I've never seen any frog eating food that doesn't move. Even if I am feeding them forzen roaches, I have to use a tong to pretend it's moving in front of the frog before they will take a bite.

Given your setup, if u put crickets the crickets have a high chance of drowning. You might want to feed the frogs in another enclosure. I am not sure if those frogs are fast, if they are, they might aim for your guppies.

Lastly, I would suggest you to observe the crayfish, not sure if it would attack the frogs or not.
Hi Silentous,

the lobsters attack one anthr , 2 alrdy up lorry so far. 1 white 1 red.

Two of the frogs trying to escape out of the 3ft fish tank.

Guppies too fast for them, dry food they not happy...
Asia_landscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 03:54 PM   #605
silentous
Arofanatic

Quote:
Hi Silentous,

the lobsters attack one anthr , 2 alrdy up lorry so far. 1 white 1 red.

Two of the frogs trying to escape out of the 3ft fish tank.

Guppies too fast for them, dry food they not happy...
I am not sure about the crayfish, but if i am not wrong, the lack of space will cause them to fight among themselves.

Please always double check that your tank is secured properly, I've lost my GTF many times, but i am lucky because they always hide at the same spot whenever they escape.

Below are some of my suggestions regarding feeding:

1. If you're afraid of live insects, go get a pack of frozen roach, use a pair of chopsticks or tong and grab a piece, place it in front of the frog and move the frozen roach and try to attract the frogs to eat it.

2. You can just go buy a box of live crickets, and just put a few crickets into the tank. Try to have more land in your tank so your crickets wouldn't drown so easily.

3. Go get a plastic container, place your frog inside, and feed it with either using frozen roaches (yes, please move the frozen roaches in front of them with either chopsticks or tongs) or live crickets.

Try to gut load the live crickets if you can.(I use pieces of carrots), remember to dust the food with calcium and vitamin powder.

Lastly, brown crickets can sometimes swim on the surface of the water, hence they don't drown so easily compared to those black crickets.

If you have no idea how the brown and the black cricket look like, u can google for some image of Common House Cricket (Brown) and Black Field Cricket (Black)
Old 26-03-2014, 01:32 AM   #606
honghonghonghon
Arofanatic

Quote:
illegal?
they are sold in Jurong West Blk 502 market...
Bro i feel not very appropriate to post the location of the shop like that on forum, might get the shop into trouble. Cheers
honghonghonghon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2014, 02:25 PM   #607
IK2

Bombina orientalis. These have proven to be great beginner frogs. Because you're in SG, you will want to give these guys cooler temperatures. Your set-up also has several issues. These are semi aquatic frogs, so more land is needed. Also, if you want these frogs to live, don't put in anything that can harm them like the crayfish. Run a carbon filter, these are quite poisonous; your guppies and other livestock should be feeling the ill effects soon.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:50 PM   #608
silentous
Arofanatic

Hi not sure if anyone is keen on green tree frog, I need someone to adopt one of my gtf, reason being I still cannot convert it to have forzen roaches. I am intending to stop getting feeders.
Old 25-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #609
Wei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentous View Post
Hi not sure if anyone is keen on green tree frog, I need someone to adopt one of my gtf, reason being I still cannot convert it to have forzen roaches. I am intending to stop getting feeders.

Bro , u giving up or selling .. Can mp me I interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:06 PM   #610
thee_boss
Dragon

Anyone still keeping gtf? Seems like only can be found in Permart
thee_boss is offline   Reply With Quote