Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 21-06-2007, 09:23 PM   #21
eeeeemo

alamak! then its not the soil lor.. its the ketapang.... i read on other forums the leaves must be treated in some way before adding ones.... but most ppl do not want to brown their water so they simply do away with it... ph and conditions stable ready den dun anyhow add fert or stuff in lor.
Old 21-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #22
cheetf
Dragon

Not the ketapang leaves that are killing the shrimp. It's the drastic swing of the PH.
cheetf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2007, 12:35 PM   #23
stardus00

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetf View Post
Not the ketapang leaves that are killing the shrimp. It's the drastic swing of the PH.
OMG, then wat have cause them to die?... must do more experiment
Old 22-06-2007, 01:02 PM   #24
stardus00

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeeemo View Post
alamak! then its not the soil lor.. its the ketapang.... i read on other forums the leaves must be treated in some way before adding ones.... but most ppl do not want to brown their water so they simply do away with it... ph and conditions stable ready den dun anyhow add fert or stuff in lor.
Normally when i get the ketapang leaves, i'll wash n dry the leaves n pack in storeroom. When i wanna use i rinse wth water again. Like that i think it should be enough bah
Old 22-06-2007, 04:43 PM   #25
ah_hong84

Always collect or get the ketapang leaves from reliable source, so that you know they don;t contain any funny stuff inside (like pesticides or other chemical).
Just wash them nicely before introducing into the tank, it should be fine.

Normally adding ketapang leaves won;t kill the shrimps, but you must also at the correct amount of leaves to the tank lar, like 1 or 2 leaves to a 2footer. Think if added too much, the pH will swing.