Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
cartoon
Dragon
 
cartoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,403
Default Humble Rili shrimp 2ft tank setup

Hi bros n siss,
I m new in shrimp. Below is my humble setup n rili shrimp with shrimplets. Any comment r most welcome.

My humble setup. Will be comm with a few red guppies.


My rili shrimp mama n shrimplets.
cartoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #2
hellomyfriend
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hello. You mean you keeping shrimps and guppies together
  Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
redsuns
Arofanatic
 
redsuns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 205
Default

Hi, nice setup but if you want your shrimps to flourish I think you shouldnt be keeping your guppies with shrimps, most likely they would become their food...
redsuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
razor90
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

better remove the guppy, if not the shrimplets or even the shrimp will become the food.
  Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #5
cartoon
Dragon
 
cartoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomyfriend View Post
Hello. You mean you keeping shrimps and guppies together
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsuns View Post
Hi, nice setup but if you want your shrimps to flourish I think you shouldnt be keeping your guppies with shrimps, most likely they would become their food...
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor90 View Post
better remove the guppy, if not the shrimplets or even the shrimp will become the food.
Thx for the advices. Will do it once I get back. But wat if only adult shrimp in it. Will it b the same?
cartoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #6
Koji™
Account Disabled
 
Koji™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 57,626
Default

Better keep shrimps by themselves in there. I ever saw guppies chasing a shrimplet or even a bigger shrimp in the tank before.
Koji™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 09:34 PM   #7
razor90
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

They will attack ur shrimp when your shrimp molt. So best is to have no fish in the tank
  Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #8
cheetf
Dragon
 
cheetf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,138
Default

If you want to keep fish with shrimp the best is to keep it in a tank that is planted like a jungle! But if that were the case you would not be able to view your shrimp so it kind of defeats the purpose of keeping nice shrimp.

Out in nature of course there are shrimp together with fish but in our case we have the shrimp to admire not as food for our fish. If we wanted to have food for the fish I don't think we need to pay so much for a shrimp. Just a ghost shrimp will do. Those cost a few dollars a bag at most.
cheetf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 12:55 AM   #9
cartoon
Dragon
 
cartoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji™ View Post
Better keep shrimps by themselves in there. I ever saw guppies chasing a shrimplet or even a bigger shrimp in the tank before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor90 View Post
They will attack ur shrimp when your shrimp molt. So best is to have no fish in the tank
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetf View Post
If you want to keep fish with shrimp the best is to keep it in a tank that is planted like a jungle! But if that were the case you would not be able to view your shrimp so it kind of defeats the purpose of keeping nice shrimp.

Out in nature of course there are shrimp together with fish but in our case we have the shrimp to admire not as food for our fish. If we wanted to have food for the fish I don't think we need to pay so much for a shrimp. Just a ghost shrimp will do. Those cost a few dollars a bag at most.
Thx guys, taken him out leow!
cartoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #10
avex30
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Taken out liao i no need add my comment but nice tanks layout however your mesh still look empty bare spolit the look of the layout. Just my 1 cent thinking
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 10:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)