Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 01-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #11
FanAromatic
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloke View Post
I do not placed any wool in the overflow compartment, bro. You place right below the comb opening? So when flow into the compartment, the fish waste will only touch the wool not into the bioball. Am I correct?
the filter wool is the first filtering. Something like a waterfall flow down before touching the ball, I put it the whole stretch where the water flow. It also serve a purpose of reducing the noise.

Oh.. don't put it at the comb area, waste will either stuck there or overflow and go down to the bioball.

Last edited by FanAromatic; 01-03-2012 at 10:49 PM.
FanAromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #12
sloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanAromatic View Post
the filter wool is the first filtering. Something like a waterfall flow down before touching the ball, I put it the whole stretch where the water flow. It also serve a purpose of reducing the noise.

Oh.. don't put it at the comb area, waste will either stuck there or overflow and go down to the bioball.
Bro, any chance to visit your place and take a look. Maybe able to learn something from you.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:37 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloke View Post
Bro, any chance to visit your place and take a look. Maybe able to learn something from you.
Hi bro sloke. I just spent 1.5hrs thinking if I should removed my stand pipe. Do come over my house for a look if u pass by thomson area.

My stand pipe produces a very large gurgling noise which I can't tolerate when I'm in bad mood aka frustrated.

Can bros using stand pipe and has silent results, please post your stand pipes here so I could modify mine to have lesser noise? Thanks.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #14
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9900 View Post
Hi bro sloke. I just spent 1.5hrs thinking if I should removed my stand pipe. Do come over my house for a look if u pass by thomson area.

My stand pipe produces a very large gurgling noise which I can't tolerate when I'm in bad mood aka frustrated.

Can bros using stand pipe and has silent results, please post your stand pipes here so I could modify mine to have lesser noise? Thanks.
Adjust the valve in your sump drain line into the sump tank.
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #15
sloke

Quote:

What is the height of your tank, bro? How is your set-up of your waterflow? Please take a video to share. Wondering how come Bro atwork said his is silent though.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #16
A|X
Arofanatic

Is this stand pipe the same ad durso pipe?
A|X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #17
jest1081
Dragon

Quote:

this proly means your standpipe has a bigger flowrate than your pump can handle (which is a good thing), as bro jon san mentioned, reduce the flowrate in your outlet valve that drains water to the sump.
jest1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #18
SpEr
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwork View Post
I also using stand pipe and leaving the overflow compartment empty...
The reason I leave it empty is because, there will sure have some residue poo or dirt in it. And everytime when I change the wool in my sump, I will pull out the stand pipe and let the water rush down to sump ... So far so good.
Noise level using stand pipe is greatly reduce also.

No teach me! I want also leh....
SpEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #19
ranmaru1987
Dragon

the key to having a silent standpipe is the air hole.. it must be just the right size..
ranmaru1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #20
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranmaru1987 View Post
the key to having a silent standpipe is the air hole.. it must be just the right size..
Hehehe... First glance at your post made me ... Then I took a closer look and saw "air hole"... Lol!
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote