Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Closed Thread

Old 27-07-2008, 11:31 PM   #21
Jordi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaolong View Post
Best is same size or bigger than ST. How many ST inside the tank?
i only got 1 ST and 2 IT in that particular tank now. 4x2x2.

hmm, then i hav to put aro in another tank first then to be safe. Maybe grow bigger then see how.

but my ST is quite tame....last time when comm with FF and Parrot which is smaller than it, it will get chased around by them.

Old 28-07-2008, 01:11 AM   #22
mr tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
dun see any oil. no prob i feel. too fast to create any prob as tigers jus snatch.
if good filtration, should be alrite. learn it fr Liang Zai and tested, seems no prob at all.

but of cos, feed MP is still the best. jus try pork if u dun mind or run out of MP
ok...will ask my mom go buy tomorrow...but i still prefer mp...think my reduce some tigers liao..very siong when feeding..wahahaha

Old 28-07-2008, 01:23 AM   #23
CrazyFish

AFC Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaolong View Post
I no expert here but I advice not to feed tiger take MP with shell as that what I did last time, when my friend told me that the shell contain some chemical to preserve the prawn to look fresh and it will be harmful for them. You feel the shell yr own and you will know. So now I dun feed my tiger with shell anymore.
Perhaps can soak the MPs in water to remove the chemicals before feeding . What I heard is that the shell actually contain calcium which is good for tigers .
Old 28-07-2008, 01:25 AM   #24
CrazyFish

AFC Committee

Quote:

hmm, then i hav to put aro in another tank first then to be safe. Maybe grow bigger then see how.

but my ST is quite tame....last time when comm with FF and Parrot which is smaller than it, it will get chased around by them.
Bro , you may wanna consider to upgrade your tank to minimum 522 , so that your tigers got ample space to swim around , which in turns may enhance their growth rate .
Old 28-07-2008, 01:29 AM   #25
SuNfIsH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyFish View Post
Perhaps can soak the MPs in water to remove the chemicals before feeding . What I heard is that the shell actually contain calcium which is good for tigers .
calcium in this form also kinda difficult for the tigers to absorb, since its indigestible and tigers dont even bother to chew

Old 28-07-2008, 01:34 AM   #26
CrazyFish

AFC Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuNfIsH View Post
calcium in this form also kinda difficult for the tigers to absorb, since its indigestible and tigers dont even bother to chew
Kind of make sense based on your explanation bro . Maybe will stick to deshelled MPs . Thanks for sharing !
Old 28-07-2008, 02:00 AM   #27
exotic_demon

Quote:

Hi bro, just to advise if u want to comm ur aro wif ur tiger better make sure tat ur tiger is at least 3/4 the size of ur aro only if not ur aro will suffer wat my redz like torn fin n drop scale as the tiger will attack the aro n wil make them very jumpy.. Now i comm my 15'' Red wif a 8'' ST only pretty peaceful liao..

Cheers!

Old 28-07-2008, 02:06 AM   #28
Jordi

Quote:
Originally Posted by exotic_demon View Post
Hi bro, just to advise if u want to comm ur aro wif ur tiger better make sure tat ur tiger is at least 3/4 the size of ur aro only if not ur aro will suffer wat my redz like torn fin n drop scale as the tiger will attack the aro n wil make them very jumpy.. Now i comm my 15'' Red wif a 8'' ST only pretty peaceful liao..

Cheers!
hi bro, wow....sounds bad....didn't know tat.... thanks for info... was it ur shvf ?
anyway, maybe u will still remem my this ST lah, hehe.

i tot my ST always quite tame...esp when he comm with my prev 18" rtg...no prob, so tot he nice guy...

Old 28-07-2008, 02:09 AM   #29
Jordi

Quote:
Bro , you may wanna consider to upgrade your tank to minimum 522 , so that your tigers got ample space to swim around , which in turns may enhance their growth rate .
hee, i know too. but ST seems happy still, tink got alot space left as ST only abt 11-12" and IT abt 7" n 4" resp. hope can go bigger tank when times come.

Old 28-07-2008, 02:16 AM   #30
exotic_demon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuNfIsH View Post
Hi all bro, Maybe u all can consider feeding ur tiger wif ''MP'' which u buy them as live prawn then u freeze them. Cos i know there do have some chemical in dead prawn which u buy from market or super market to preserve them longer.. But live prawn dun have n the price is just a bit more expensive only cost u abt $12-13 per kg at Sheng Siong..

For me i feed all my tiger MP wif shell n i strongly believe tat they do absorb
all the vitamins n mineral from it. The reason is simple.. I saw them taking in the MP wif shell when they pass out is all the black black milk milk stuff nv see any shell n where they go to??? Think abt it..

Cheers!

Closed Thread