Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 27-03-2018, 09:03 PM   #1
awayfromhome

Default Is Evo E06 is too much for 422 tank?

Hi Gurus,

I am setting my new 422 tank with 3 layers Mr. Aqua OHF and currently used Evo E06 pump.

The rating is 4000 l/h. Is it too much for my tank? I intend to keep 1 aro and probably another Oscar and / or flowerhorn.

Thank you.
awayfromhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 09:20 PM   #2
Aro77
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by awayfromhome View Post
Hi Gurus,

I am setting my new 422 tank with 3 layers Mr. Aqua OHF and currently used Evo E06 pump.

The rating is 4000 l/h. Is it too much for my tank? I intend to keep 1 aro and probably another Oscar and / or flowerhorn.

Thank you.
Hi bro, a 4 x 2 x 2 should be around 450L, and your pump maybe after head-loss would be maybe 3000? so that is around 6 times roll over per hour which is ok. However you probably need to take a look at your fishes if they are able to handle the flow rate, if u feel it is too fast for them, u could always swap over to a lower flow rate pump, alternatively u could install a valve from day 1. hope this helps
Aro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 09:24 PM   #3
Aro77
Dragon

btw for Mr Aqua OHF, i m not 100% sure if this sort of filtration type would work better with a slower flow rate, perhaps some bros could shed light on this?
if it were me personally, i would use a slower flow rate for Mr Aqua OHF Type of filtration and another thing is the media used, some type of media work better being submersed, while some work better in this sort of setting.
Old 28-03-2018, 09:30 AM   #4
awayfromhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro77 View Post
Hi bro, a 4 x 2 x 2 should be around 450L, and your pump maybe after head-loss would be maybe 3000? so that is around 6 times roll over per hour which is ok. However you probably need to take a look at your fishes if they are able to handle the flow rate, if u feel it is too fast for them, u could always swap over to a lower flow rate pump, alternatively u could install a valve from day 1. hope this helps
Thanks bro. Do you have the photo of how the valve is install?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
awayfromhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 01:51 PM   #5
Aro77
Dragon

Quote:
Thanks bro. Do you have the photo of how the valve is install?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Sure, i would take for u, generally there are 2 types, 1 is for directly just adjusting the flow, 1 is for instead of sort of blocking it, you release some water back into the tank so that the water the goes to the filter isnt so much yet at the same time you are not restricting the flow of your pump. some pumps come with inbuilt valves though.
Old 28-03-2018, 03:04 PM   #6
llewellyn
Dragon

Stack one more layer of ohf. If you are worried about the weight, just use sponge block as media.
The additional height would decrease the water flow slightly too.
llewellyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 07:45 PM   #7
CZQ
Arofanatic

Quote:
Hi Gurus,

Thank you.
422 is around 400l. you see the performance curve of the pump. around 3000 is ok.
CZQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 10:44 AM   #8
sen_jie
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Hi Gurus,

Thank you.
depend on your size of yr aro. since your tank is 422, i assume your aro is still small at the moment. I will probably suggest a slower flow rate.
sen_jie is offline   Reply With Quote