Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 11-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #11
Navanod
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinchan80 View Post
those should be most probably copepods.. they meant no harm.. so dont worry... i doubt seed shrimps will appear so quickly....
My tank now overrun with seed shrimps! Bro, you want some?

I think you're right bro, prob copepods, aka Cyclops.

http://sumo.holyroller.org/pics/cyclops/cyclops03.jpg
Navanod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #12
wei
Dragon

are these typically found in newly setup tanks due to instable water parameters? Because i also noticed these small white creatures happily 'jumping' inside my relatively new tank...
wei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #13
marctan9

Today saw some white thin worms wriggling around also..many creatures,but I tested my ammonia don't know why still on the high side..not enough wc?I changed abt 50% twice
Old 12-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #14
alvinchan80

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctan9 View Post
Today saw some white thin worms wriggling around also..many creatures,but I tested my ammonia don't know why still on the high side..not enough wc?I changed abt 50% twice
those are tubifex worms.. you shouldnt mind them also.. they wont cause any harm to your shrimps and they are also good for soil in a certain aspect because they loosen the soil and aerate them from the inside...

if its within the first 2 weeks of your cycle, ammonia are bound to be there.. when you state as high ammonia is how many mg/l or ppm? even when its 0.25mg/l of ammonia, its actually ok already..
Old 12-08-2011, 05:25 PM   #15
marctan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinchan80 View Post
those are tubifex worms.. you shouldnt mind them also.. they wont cause any harm to your shrimps and they are also good for soil in a certain aspect because they loosen the soil and aerate them from the inside...

if its within the first 2 weeks of your cycle, ammonia are bound to be there.. when you state as high ammonia is how many mg/l or ppm? even when its 0.25mg/l of ammonia, its actually ok already..
Hi,tank is in 3rd week nearly to a month Liao..the ammonia is dark green in color according to chart..thought shld b kept at 0
Old 12-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #16
marctan9

I threw in some cherries and they are doing well leh
Old 12-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #17
lucas_1957
Dragon

Cherries are very hardy, i put mine in when i start cycling when the cycling end they are still doing well. The colour also remains quite red.
lucas_1957 is offline   Reply With Quote