Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 16-03-2017, 08:49 PM   #11
globalcookie
Dragon

Voting, it really depends on what voters looks for/at....

Vote For
Vote Against

I voted (and will continue) against ruling. I don't believe in absolute power, where they can do as they so wish, without any opposition to fight till the policy is moderated and fair, than passing policies as and when they wish and they so justify to their own desire... hokkien saying, ka ki kong, ka ki song...

And, voting against because I don't believe, any particular family has ALL the talented people to be in TOP POSITIONS in big corporations that belongs to the country. This is nepotism!

WHAT? Are we really COMMUNIST????

But for a start, I would wish to see PAP not holding onto power where there is ZERO CHECKS AND BALANCES in policy making!

Yes, ultimately, I do wish to see PAP out of power and Opposition (with only simple majority) showing us they have what it takes! With all the damn red tapes in place, I don't think our country's coffers will be emptied by any party so easily. We can afford 1 term to see if they have what it takes.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 09:16 PM   #12
Kohaku
Dragon

Eh.... What if the money is slowly siphoned out when 1 party is in power without any checks. Those red tapes can be overcome with the right procedures. Rules be changed.

The worrying thing iI heard from last day of parliment is from the finance Minister that overspending has started since 2015 when he ends the Budget debate 2017.

Anyway these are my personal thinking and may not be accurate or correct.
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 10:05 PM   #13
Auratus
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post
Eh.... What if the money is slowly siphoned out when 1 party is in power without any checks. Those red tapes can be overcome with the right procedures. Rules be changed.

The worrying thing iI heard from last day of parliment is from the finance Minister that overspending has started since 2015 when he ends the Budget debate 2017.

Bo Lui liao la...
Auratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 02:04 AM   #14
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auratus View Post
Bo Lui liao la...
That's why must tax more on water.........
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 11:15 AM   #15
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post

70% Singaporeans approved it. They love a gov without any checks and balances, or so called, they loved and approved self checks.

This over spending, also they approved it. If the country goes deep into deficit, they approved it.

This also my personal thinking . They approved anything and everything absolute.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 03:44 PM   #16
Auratus
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
That's why must tax more on water.........
Yao sui yao sui (Cantonese slang) mah....
Auratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 11:41 PM   #17
jcchia
Dragon

70% approved it lives happily and graciously
30% disapproved it live life in sad, anger and cannot do anything. They voted in their opposition idol but do nothing to check and balance ............

That makes most jump boat.
jcchia is offline   Reply With Quote