Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 20-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #61
pisces134

Sorry about yr loses. Learnt from it and move on, tks for sharing
Old 20-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #62
copycat01

Hi bro

sorry for your lost

Just a few thoughts

1) Indemnity form - If this is required, than why do we have to pay for professional to transfer the live stock, might well DIY since if any thing goes wrong (touch word) we have indemnify them.

2) If above is required and the user choose to take up the service, what are the mitigation measure being taken to ensure that the professionals are doing the due diligence

3) Happy to see that tank maker coming out to express his regrets. Kudoooos. At least he is not pushing it to everyone
Old 21-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #63
burntrubber
Dragon

I don't think an indemnity will automatically free the party from obligations.
burntrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #64
spgohjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by maffia_2010 View Post
I also dun represent anyone...jus my 3 cents...:D
Sorry for your loss and its good to share your experience.
Sometimes things carries a risk even how prepared you are. Driving on the roads or going for an operation by the best doctors. Sometimes it's just bad luck. It could be an unlucky day and time selected that would clash with your bazi etc etc...
Old 21-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #65
eNox
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tco View Post
Sorry for your loss TS.
U've a nice tank and interesting low sump. If can show a pic of the sump with the cabinet door open will be great.
Will do , but not so soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottyfish View Post
Very sad to hear something like this
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongzai View Post
Sad to hear such a thong happen bro. hope you can get over it soon and i know it will take a long time to forget this incident. i also have a friend who lost his juvenile rtg when the sgbros helped him move his tank to his new house. and the distance is not far..
Quote:
Originally Posted by maffia_2010 View Post
Bro ,sorry for ur loss. when it comes to ur own fishes guess you are the most expert. Take it as a lesson learnt, come back stronger
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisces134 View Post
Sorry about yr loses. Learnt from it and move on, tks for sharing
Quote:
Originally Posted by spgohjc View Post
Sorry for your loss and its good to share your experience.
Sometimes things carries a risk even how prepared you are. Driving on the roads or going for an operation by the best doctors. Sometimes it's just bad luck. It could be an unlucky day and time selected that would clash with your bazi etc etc...
Thank you for your concern. Appreciate it.
eNox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #66
eNox
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
Bro, don't be hard on yourself, sH1t happens, we feel it full force and move on after a while.. Its hard to "supervise" professionals, tank maker has shown great honor in his actions and backing of quality for his product, I'm definitely using him next, sg bros do so many of this type of "transactions", it's hard to maintain a perfect 100% record of safely moving fish, I don't think anyone in the world can really claim that, you on the other hand could have thought of ways to better the process if you had known what to expect in terms of how its done, and since this is probably your first time, how to know bro?? So don't blame yourself either..

I guess the entire situation could have been better handled from the beginning, but it is now past bro, my condolences for your loss... truly bittersweet, I know the feeling

in short..

-I've never been a client of tankmaker, though that is set to change in the near future

-will still continue using sg bros services, because they really are good at what they do,imho, we don't have to worry that they might damage the tank at any point or weaken the structure in the process of moving (I know timing is really important for these guys so I try my best to accommodate their "system" of work flow,ie- dry tank especially! ) Don't rule out future use of their service bro. Advantages like this are a peace of mind when you wonder about a tanks sustainability a few years down the road.. this was just a tragic episode.

-I'm also going to be moving some fish soon, planning to upgrade the tank... thank you for sharing your experience, this will keep me on my toes during the process.. Many times we loose our beloved fish because we thought of doing something but ended up not.. other times we do too much, both ways fish up-lorry.. Happens to the best of us...

Hope you feel better soon bro.. cheers
Thanks for your concern bro, I will still recommend tank_maker or choose tank_maker if i am planning any tank in the future as they had shown great responsibility regarding this incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copycat01 View Post
Hi bro

sorry for your lost

Just a few thoughts

1) Indemnity form - If this is required, than why do we have to pay for professional to transfer the live stock, might well DIY since if any thing goes wrong (touch word) we have indemnify them.

2) If above is required and the user choose to take up the service, what are the mitigation measure being taken to ensure that the professionals are doing the due diligence

3) Happy to see that tank maker coming out to express his regrets. Kudoooos. At least he is not pushing it to everyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntrubber View Post
I don't think an indemnity will automatically free the party from obligations.
Yea , i agree.
Old 21-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #67
eNox
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuNA View Post
TS mentioned that he was not offered to sign any disclaimer form nor he was aware that there was a form to sign. Does this mean that Sgbros are to take full responsibility in terms of contract?
Yea , i also wondered about that .
Old 22-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #68
zonkkie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNox View Post
Yea , i also wondered about that .
my guess is contract is with tankmaker for construction and delivery of tank. Sgbros is a subcontractor in this case. so everything.. still tankmaker has to bear.

anyway Bro.. sorry for your loss. thanks for sharing and definitely something to take note of when upgrading tanks in future.
zonkkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #69
cher boon
Senior Dragon

Sorry for ur lost.
cher boon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #70
dragonfishlover
Arofanatic

Sorry to hear that .. Be strong ..
Hope to see you back ..

Take care