Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 12-03-2007, 07:44 PM   #1
ymmij
Senior Dragon

Default Resun CL 280 Chiller

Hi was at Y618 yesterday and saw that the offer price for Resun CL 280 is $315. I think need to carry back ourselves.

I am thinking of getting a chiller for my 2 feet tank. Do you think this is a reasonably good value for money chiller? I am not willing to pay thousands for those super good chillers. Would the electrical bill be too demanding with this? How about the noise level and the hot air exhaust?

Please comment and advise.

From the website:
http://www.resun-china.com/products/...20B-cl-280.htm

It says it uses Japan-made compressor and Titanium pipe evaporator. Sounds good though. Comparing to Hailea, how is this performing?

Thanks.
ymmij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:27 PM   #2
eeeeemo

did you bargain for it..? it seems overpriced..................
Old 12-03-2007, 09:12 PM   #3
weesy74

I bought for $330 with 6mth warranty. Think without warranty cheaper. Check if your set got warranty. To me, you concerns is okay with me, but I think it depends on individual.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:25 PM   #4
bluescorpion93

i'm also thinking of getting a chiller for my future CRS tank.. hehe.. but whta's the bill like?
Old 12-03-2007, 09:34 PM   #5
ymmij
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeeemo View Post
did you bargain for it..? it seems overpriced..................
may i know what chiller you are having and how much you paid for it? i did not bargain as i was deciding whether to buy or not.
Old 13-03-2007, 12:38 PM   #6
kencfk

Is Hailea a good brand for chillers?
Old 13-03-2007, 12:48 PM   #7
weesy74

sorry cannot really tell as I don't really bother. Quite hard to compute also as the chiller goes on and off so base on the Wattage also not accurate.

BTW the CL-280 is a 1/10HP Chiller and wattage is 280W.
Old 13-03-2007, 12:53 PM   #8
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmij View Post
Hi was at Y618 yesterday and saw that the offer price for Resun CL 280 is $315. I think need to carry back ourselves.

I am thinking of getting a chiller for my 2 feet tank. Do you think this is a reasonably good value for money chiller? I am not willing to pay thousands for those super good chillers. Would the electrical bill be too demanding with this? How about the noise level and the hot air exhaust?

From the website:

It says it uses Japan-made compressor and Titanium pipe evaporator. Sounds good though. Comparing to Hailea, how is this performing?

Thanks.
Used to have CL280 before, the noise was low, at least for my unit.
silane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 07:21 PM   #9
ymmij
Senior Dragon

so it seems that resun cl280 is good enough for my tank. thing is y618 does not come with warranty. anyone knows of any lfs selling chiller with warranty?

how about hailea? any comment on that brand of chiller?
Old 14-03-2007, 02:25 AM   #10
Skipjackies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmij View Post

From the website:

Thanks.
Can ask for $300 he should able to release with one month warranty.
So far so good been using for almost one month just that mine have a bit of raddling sound when the compressor kick in.

Anybody know is it Ok if the chiller runs approx 3min after 10min interval for a 2ft tank and with canister flow rate at 500l/hr.