Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Closed Thread

Old 31-12-2012, 02:01 AM   #121
TRIX
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc View Post
Yeah, pics and vid cant see true size

One enquiry, is the finlet count so impt, if a pbb hv less than 17 and fr same batch/river and look exactly like a pbb?
Bro, be it 14 or 18 finlets, if it is a pbb, it is still a pbb
It is purely personal preferences and as it is harder to come by, it makes it more fun looking forward to get one from shipment. Hey even a 14 finlets pbb is not a common find in a shipment, hahaha...Well I guess to each his own when it comes to choosing a fish, not everyone is buying a pbb because of the finlets count
Quote:
Bro, also the number of finlets could have increased as the bichir grow in length and tail portion breaks away and became independent finlet?
My personal experience, don't think it will.
Old 31-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #122
Luc
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIX View Post
Bro, be it 14 or 18 finlets, if it is a pbb, it is still a pbb
It is purely personal preferences and as it is harder to come by, it makes it more fun looking forward to get one from shipment. Hey even a 14 finlets pbb is not a common find in a shipment, hahaha...Well I guess to each his own when it comes to choosing a fish, not everyone is buying a pbb because of the finlets count

My personal experience, don't think it will.
Thanks bro. Imagine, if were to count when selecting the pbb would be quite tough as they dun open fins always. Unless u use your camera to take a snapshot
Old 31-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #123
TRIX
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Thanks bro. Imagine, if were to count when selecting the pbb would be quite tough as they dun open fins always. Unless u use your camera to take a snapshot
Yes, usually very tough to count the finlets unless you net them against the front glass panel but again, the fishes will be stressed by this method.
Old 31-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #124
KoheiRokusaburo
Arofanatic

Hey guys, is it normal for a endy to be really active , like swimming up and down lef tto right all day? I got 1cb , one lap and one del. only the endy swims around all day. Cause usually when i see others vids, they all always at the bottom chilling. Is over activeness a sign of any problems?
Old 31-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #125
Kohaku
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidd View Post
Hmmm, if it was indeed CB dabola, it is very interesting indeed. If dabola sp was a natural hybrid, imo they would most likely be sterile base on the other bichir hybrids. If they able to be breed it could mean they are not a natural hybrid but another species. Anyone any thoughts, seems like a interesting topic. I do miss those days when most post abt bichirs was abt learning more abt them as very few of us could actually own any then. Kolibas and kolontons were only pictures and info of a PBB in sighting would make almost everyone in the bichir thread to go down and take a look in person. I learned the most during those days.

But if I am honest. The striping looks closer to a Lapen then a dabola. But then again it's still just a tiny guy, I have nv seen a young dabola before. Really curious how it will turn out as it grows. Thanks for sharing.
Maybe I should share with you all the email and pics I received from contacts last month. I do not really know if they are really Dabola offsprings or lapen as I have not really seen as many of them as small fish too. I tried to order 15pcs from him, but was told they are meant for their regular export customers and will tried to get for me. Maybe those who have brought the F1 endi x lapradie from Aquahobby or the lap x endi from TFI can post their pictures here to make comparison. The only contact I have of the Lapen, aka Dabola, are from Aquahobby, TFI and him. All of which looks different, based on what i have seen.

The piece I have is actually not as greenish as shown in the pictures, but more to like brown pattern of a endi, but under flash, it turn greenish.

It is only from sharing that we learn more.

Old 31-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #126
G2Red
Dragon

Quote:
Bro, also the number of finlets could have increased as the bichir grow in length and tail portion breaks away and became independent finlet?
Hi bro...your question is interesting...I do not know if the last finlet would detach from its tail fin and become independant...but from my IPBB I do not see this exhibition...:-)
Old 31-12-2012, 11:25 PM   #127
Luc
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2Red View Post
Hi bro...your question is interesting...I do not know if the last finlet would detach from its tail fin and become independant...but from my IPBB I do not see this exhibition...:-)
Bro, may i knw wat is IPBB? Special PBB?
I feel this cld be the reason cuz i could not tell apart the last finlets fr tail portion and the tail portion looks like many finlets joined together.

And, if the japs can place such emphasis for the number of finlets, i believe it cannot be without a reAson.
Old 31-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #128
G2Red
Dragon

Quote:
Bro, may i knw wat is IPBB? Special PBB?
I feel this cld be the reason cuz i could not tell apart the last finlets fr tail portion and the tail portion looks like many finlets joined together.

And, if the japs can place such emphasis for the number of finlets, i believe it cannot be without a reAson.
IPBB is Indonasia bred PBB...
Old 31-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #129
Luc
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2Red View Post
IPBB is Indonasia bred PBB...
Oohhh....ok...learn something new
Old 01-01-2013, 12:23 AM   #130
bichirdemon

here r the pics of the lapen F1 that i bought from AH months back... pic taken with iphone. not so clear.

http://s1137.beta.photobucket.com/us...12533696343124

Closed Thread