Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum > Showcase & Updates

Old 03-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #11
cavallino
Administrator

you're doing it again, Mike....

awesome stuff you've got there.
cavallino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #12
samuelphan
Senior Dragon

The center pcs is uber nice .... I can almost single out greek alphabets amongst the beautiful white spots.

samuelphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #13
Panut

Wow, the bioload/filtration must be superb..

If im not wrong Mike created a thread on his setup right?
Old 03-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #14
lincolngoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSX4236 View Post
Yes there all wild caught, Dont worry Lincoln they will be in much nicer surroundings very soon. There all in quarantine now for next few weeks, as they get healthy and eating I will split them up into seperate tanks.
I'm sure it's better than what they had in the past, but their water conditions looks only passable... looks frequently or just changed, and still may have a trace of ammonia.

I hoped they were not there long.

I'm sure they will be much happier in your facility.

Seperate tanks is a good idea to limit outbreaks. I've had a friend who lost a whole tank of PDRs after housing a friend's sick ray.

What meds are you using? It's next to impossible to get them in Singapore. Bring some ray med stocks for Aquarama. It should go fast.

Last edited by lincolngoh; 03-02-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:00 PM   #15
CSX4236

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolngoh View Post
I'm sure it's better than what they had in the past, but their water conditions looks only passable... looks frequently or just changed, and still may have a trace of ammonia.

I hoped they were not there long.

I'm sure they will be much happier in your facility.

Seperate tanks is a good idea to limit outbreaks. I've had a friend who lost a whole tank of PDRs after housing a friend's sick ray.

What meds are you using? It's next to impossible to get them in Singapore. Bring some ray med stocks for Aquarama. It should go fast.
This is 3000 gallon quarantine pond with full filtration, I water change 300 gallons an hour. I take aged water from my main system over 20,000 gallons and flow it into this tank. I do around 200-300% water change every day lol there is no ammonia in this tank at all. Water is perfect or they would not be in there. We treat with DIMILIN for fish lice first, then PRAZI-PRO for all parasites and last we treat with BINOX an antibiotic. Once they go thru this for two weeks we move them into our main system.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #16
mihatah
Senior Dragon

superb blackies!!!!
mihatah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #17
lincolngoh

Quote:
This is 3000 gallon quarantine pond with full filtration, I water change 300 gallons an hour. I take aged water from my main system over 20,000 gallons and flow it into this tank. I do around 200-300% water change every day lol there is no ammonia in this tank at all. Water is perfect or they would not be in there. We treat with DIMILIN for fish lice first, then PRAZI-PRO for all parasites and last we treat with BINOX an antibiotic. Once they go thru this for two weeks we move them into our main system.
Cool, then the bubbles may be the new rays adjusting or the meds. Can share how do you medicate the tank with a 300% WC every day? 3 seperate doses a day?

Dimilin is available here, but Prazi-Pro and Bionox not quite. Any chance you will be bringing some down?
Old 03-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #18
CSX4236

Quote:
Cool, then the bubbles may be the new rays adjusting or the meds. Can share how do you medicate the tank with a 300% WC every day?

Dimilin is available here, but Prazi-Pro and Bionox not quite. Any chance you will be bringing some down?
We have many many airstones in there and we also use high amounts of salt during the quarantine process that is probably what causes the bubbles. I have to turn off pumps, airstones and water changer to allow water to stand still to get these pictures or would just see lots of waves. But to be honest I dont see any bubbles in the pictures lol Do you think they would allow me to take those meds into your country when I make the trip? We dose two-three times a day with meds it's very expensive but with this amount of expensive rays cant be cheap with meds.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #19
lincolngoh

Quote:
We have many many airstones in there and we also use high amounts of salt during the quarantine process that is probably what causes the bubbles.

Do you think they would allow me to take those meds into your country when I make the trip? We dose two-three times a day with meds it's very expensive but with this amount of expensive rays cant be cheap with meds.
Is it probably just the photos then, and the water is not cloudy.

As for the meds, if there are no active ingredients like cocaine a few bottles should be fine. But I'll make enquiries.

You only got 1/2 ... what happen to the other half of the rays?
Old 03-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #20
CSX4236

Quote:
Is it probably just the photos then, and the water is not cloudy.

As for the meds, if there are no active ingredients like cocaine a few bottles should be fine. But I'll make enquiries.

You only got 1/2 ... what happen to the other half of the rays?

Look into meds and I will bring some with me, Pond is to large for me to get all rays in one picture so just took pictures of roughly half the rays in this pond.