Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #41
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon
 
EvolutionZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,566
Default

wah bro deep pocket hor.. can buy expensive lava rocks. for me i just use normal lava rocks because power sand S = lava rocks.
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #42
JadeIceGreen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
wah bro deep pocket hor.. can buy expensive lava rocks. for me i just use normal lava rocks because power sand S = lava rocks.
Its not the same bro..
  Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 11:41 PM   #43
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon
 
EvolutionZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
Its not the same bro..
hahaha.. don't want to say so much later another ada fight.
so have you scape the tank already? i waiting leh.
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 01:25 AM   #44
DrTech
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I always worry about the base of the substrate and oxygen circulation in it. The colder countries still can afford to use substrate heater to circulate the water, but it seems to be quite a challenge in our climate. =/
  Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 02:04 AM   #45
JadeIceGreen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
hahaha.. don't want to say so much later another ada fight.
so have you scape the tank already? i waiting leh.
The scape coming up in the next update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTech View Post
I always worry about the base of the substrate and oxygen circulation in it. The colder countries still can afford to use substrate heater to circulate the water, but it seems to be quite a challenge in our climate. =/
That is precisely the reason why I used Power Sand because my previous scapes all had serious gravel issues just after a few months, small tanks have so little room for error.
  Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 02:11 AM   #46
DrTech
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
The scape coming up in the next update!



That is precisely the reason why I used Power Sand because my previous scapes all had serious gravel issues just after a few months, small tanks have so little room for error.
Does it work as well as it should? I'll be interested to try it out if it does...
  Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 02:34 AM   #47
ismuneer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

unbelievable....

from small scale to the Professional...

I am trying so hard not to get poison from you bro... Now scouting and planning to get a 3ft tank with a low profile cabinet or a normal cabinet. I cant spend so much like you "deep deep pockets" hahaha.....

I will wait for you scaping updates and all the best.


britney spear's poison song is ringing in my head................. nOnonononooooooooo
  Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 10:17 AM   #48
Newtank
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTech View Post
I always worry about the base of the substrate and oxygen circulation in it. The colder countries still can afford to use substrate heater to circulate the water, but it seems to be quite a challenge in our climate. =/
actually for our climate, we still need a heater as it is used to keep the substrate warm, most of us just assume that just because the climate is warm,the substrate will be warm enough. But having said that, I do not use a heater myself
  Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 11:59 AM   #49
JadeIceGreen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTech View Post
Does it work as well as it should? I'll be interested to try it out if it does...
I'll let you know in a few months time. First time using it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismuneer View Post
unbelievable....

from small scale to the Professional...

I am trying so hard not to get poison from you bro... Now scouting and planning to get a 3ft tank with a low profile cabinet or a normal cabinet. I cant spend so much like you "deep deep pockets" hahaha.....

I will wait for you scaping updates and all the best.


britney spear's poison song is ringing in my head................. nOnonononooooooooo
My plan this time was to save up and then get the best I can reasonably afford now as my tank have always been on my desk in my bedroom so I wanted them to look good. All those months of waiting has paid off, equipment is always like that, you pay for what you get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtank View Post
actually for our climate, we still need a heater as it is used to keep the substrate warm, most of us just assume that just because the climate is warm,the substrate will be warm enough. But having said that, I do not use a heater myself
From what I've read, using a heater to warm the substrate has fallen out of favour even with the Europeans and American scapers but I dun know the reason why, maybe not so effective.
  Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #50
JadeIceGreen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just a very short update but what everyone has been waiting for.



  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 11:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)