Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 18-07-2009, 11:58 PM   #1
superFishy

Default some advice for boyu ef05

hey, currently comparing eden 501 and boyu ef05. obviosuly after reading eden would win for performance. but however i got budget. trying not to exceed thus tot of trying boyu ef05. however today i realised that these canister mus put on the same height. so would like to ask bro/sis here if you have used b4. can tell me hows the flowrate like? easy to maintain? ani good and bad points for it.

btw am using a 5plan M size tank 12inch, 7inch, 9inch i tnk the dimension. housing 5 baby angel and one sae one otto one zebrasnail and one pleco.
Old 19-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
superFishy

oh and if lets say i change to boyu ef05 rite? the media how? as in. becoz in my old hof i have put some cr and bh. but definately not enuff to fill the boyuef05. so may i noe whats the way to like mk sure the boyu that i wil be hanging on the media is like 'cycled' so that the water will be ok? hahaha dun really noe how to phrase it.
Old 19-07-2009, 06:09 PM   #3
Tustar
Senior Dragon

use b4 always need to flush the rubber hose often as they get clog with the silmy stuff.

if chose tis or hof i did go fr a hof instead.
Tustar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #4
don90

I used this one before...

Actually I find that it has quite alot of space (for me) to put media in.

But what I dont like is that the hose will have dirt inside very fast. Might be due to the low flowrate.

And the flowrate actually reduces very fast over time.

I noticed my flowrate seems to be dipping after using it for only 3 weeks.

And the hose is extremely difficult to wash as well. So it was either wash the hose, or get a new hose.

I'm not sure if the Eden501 would give similar problems as they have about the same design...
Old 19-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
superFishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tustar View Post
use b4 always need to flush the rubber hose often as they get clog with the silmy stuff.

if chose tis or hof i did go fr a hof instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by don90 View Post
I used this one before...

Actually I find that it has quite alot of space (for me) to put media in.

But what I dont like is that the hose will have dirt inside very fast. Might be due to the low flowrate.

And the flowrate actually reduces very fast over time.

I noticed my flowrate seems to be dipping after using it for only 3 weeks.

And the hose is extremely difficult to wash as well. So it was either wash the hose, or get a new hose.

I'm not sure if the Eden501 would give similar problems as they have about the same design...
u using the ef05 for what tank size may i ask? will be using it for a 5plan M size. will it reduce the flowrate that much too?

and what way u use to clear the hose? can the hose be bought outside?? tink its all of these small canister got this prob ba.
Old 19-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #6
superFishy

what abt using ef10? where flowrate much stronger? anione noes how much it is?