Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum > Showcase & Updates

Old 05-08-2014, 11:25 AM   #51
Zhuoyuting
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
Ok then I sell at $4.5k, thats how it wks here ok. Then boss dennis will sell at $4k. Later someone will sell at $3.5K..... finally will reach $500 ..... So just wait lah, dont buy now.

Wait until balls touch the ground haha!
Won't be happening..

Really hope it Won't be like another aro trend.. Since captivity breed is possible.
Zhuoyuting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:45 PM   #52
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuoyuting View Post
Wait until balls touch the ground haha!
Won't be happening..

Really hope it Won't be like another aro trend.. Since captivity breed is possible.
Not sure abt 10 yrs later, but for now I dont think so as so many hd tried to breed at farm scale but mostly failed. Rays are not like aro, they are 10 times or more, more difficult than aros.

I myself had gone thru ups and dn after more than 8 yrs, still I wld not say I am fully confident on rays breeding. Still hv lots more to learn and to adjust.

Last edited by Tay; 05-08-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:16 PM   #53
ap99
Arofanatic

I for one till now still got many new or old things I don't really understand yet/still..... but it all takes time to really learn n this can take years to understand what the hell is this or that......

agree my bros????
ap99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:45 PM   #54
Amanda Liong
Arofanatic

This has been a mostly enriching and eye opening discussed. I was memorised reading from page 1. Bro Dennis, rays swee.
Amanda Liong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:25 AM   #55
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap99 View Post
I for one till now still got many new or old things I don't really understand yet/still..... but it all takes time to really learn n this can take years to understand what the hell is this or that......

agree my bros????
No one will believe what we say abt the difficulty of breeding rays until they try out themselves. All tot that we are trying to discourage them so we will have less competition. Right boss Dennis
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:40 AM   #56
ap99
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
No one will believe what we say abt the difficulty of breeding rays until they try out themselves. All tot that we are trying to discourage them so we will have less competition. Right boss Dennis
Hahahaha I have ppl saying I'm not willing to teach too...

Stingray breeding here... it all started about 7-10 yrs ago till now we may not have a absolute answer over many things n i find it hard to explain because I may not be very sure yet... but I tell ppl they don't believe.. say how can you not know you ray **** but actual fact if I'm not too sure I try not to anyhow say things n act like I know a lot hahaha

Overseas breeder did it longer in breeding them but are not telling us how to do it... We Singapore breeders did it all by ourselves ( not even a Ph reading was revile to us ) no one really help us during our days..... but we try to teach but many don't really follow n blame say we did not want them... Every breeder is a doctor of his own so how to teach can listen. ????

Last edited by ap99; 06-08-2014 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #57
nutx
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap99 View Post
Hahahaha I have ppl saying I'm not willing to teach too...

Stingray breeding here... it all started about 7-10 yrs ago till now we may not have a absolute answer over many things n i find it hard to explain because I may not be very sure yet... but I tell ppl they don't believe.. say how can you not know you ray **** but actual fact if I'm not too sure I try not to anyhow say things n act like I know a lot hahaha

Overseas breeder did it longer in breeding them but are not telling us how to do it... We Singapore breeders did it all by ourselves ( not even a Ph reading was revile to us ) no one really help us during our days..... but we try to teach but many don't really follow n blame say we did not want them... Every breeder is a doctor of his own so how to teach can listen. ????
Bro...can understand your emotion on the learning curve to be into a farming scale.

On the skill of breeding, I would say that it is not about difficult or easy.
It is the passion, knowledge and experience to handle the fish and water parameter.

Many people thought that breeding can be scientific, that is phX, TDS Y, NO3 Z, etc....= success!

When Singapore was famous for exporting country for Guppies and many topical fishes....did those farmers know what is ph 5 vs ph 6? do they have TDS meter?

they use well water, and they know which zone in Singapore has good water source, and which zone don't have.....

They eat, drink and smell the water!
and live with their fishes with their life and passion!!!
all these bring in the success.......

And we are talking about mutli million if not billion business!

Today...there are many proxy farming. This is not like our property, you buy and rent out for ROI.
fishes are living....they need care and love!

I have a pair that have given me 30+ pup in 1 1/2 years....this is pure LUCK.
many ask me whether they can also start with 1 pair and start breeding!

And to start with....I was keeping the pair as a hobby, as a pet, NOT as a breeding pair!

(sorry to hijack your thread)

Last edited by nutx; 06-08-2014 at 10:22 AM.
nutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:38 AM   #58
Amanda Liong
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutx View Post
Bro...can understand your emotion on the learning curve to be into a farming scale.

It is the passion, knowledge and experience to handle the fish and water parameter.

Many people thought that breeding can be scientific, that is phX, TDS Y, NO3 Z, etc....= success!

When Singapore was famous for exporting country for Guppies and many topical fishes....did those farmers know what is ph 5 vs ph 6? do they have TDS meter?

they use well water, and they know which zone in Singapore has good water source, and which zone don't have.....

Today...there are many proxy farming. This is not like our property, you buy and rent out for ROI.

And to start with....I was keeping the pair as a hobby, as a pet, NOT as a breeding pair!

Well written. All potential ray keepers should read this.
Amanda Liong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:39 AM   #59
ap99
Arofanatic

Quote:

Hahaha sort of like what you say bro!... breeding them is not as easy as many though... you may have succeeded for the first few round but without good care these rays will stop to breed too
Old 06-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #60
ap99
Arofanatic

Quote:

I fully agree with you bro