Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 30-03-2014, 10:37 AM   #1
mnhash
Arofanatic

Default XB not eating after moving to black tank.

Hi all,

My XB was transferred from my 622 because it was attacked by my Kingdom red.

Initially put in a bare tank with no oyama and was eating well. But I noticed that he's always looking down so I decided to oyama the tank to avoid DE. After putting 4 side black oyama, I realise he no longer eating.

Does black tank affect an arowana to the extend to not wanting to eat? Use to eat BF, MP, SW. Now everything also never touch. Could it be he can't see?

Water parameter checked and all is good, in fact water was taken from the 622 where the arowana was taken out from. Arowana not sluggish, swimming actively, still comes to greet me when I put my hand.

Any sifu here can advise?

http://youtu.be/rw8MM2ZE7JM
mnhash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 11:29 AM   #2
longyi
Endangered Dragon

Your xb being attacked by the red, then move out to another new tank.......all this is stress and new enviroment for the xb.

Let the xb get use to new tank enviroment become less stress and stable, very soon it will start to eat again.

It is a good sign that you mentioned the xb is swimming actively, water condition is good which is all good news, no problem to keep the black oyama glass wall as this has nothing to do with the xb feeding habit.
longyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 11:37 AM   #3
GTI_SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by longyi View Post
Your xb being attacked by the red, then move out to another new tank.......all this is stress and new enviroment for the xb.

Let the xb get use to new tank enviroment become less stress and stable, very soon it will start to eat again.

It is a good sign that you mentioned the xb is swimming actively, water condition is good which is all good news, no problem to keep the black oyama glass wall as this has nothing to do with the xb feeding habit.
Totally, agreed with LONGYI! Its takes couple of days to stable, my advise to you not to feed for 2-3 days.

Anyways, you got a nice beautiful catch! Good days to you...
Old 30-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #4
mnhash
Arofanatic

Thanks for you advice bro.

Even when being attacked in the 622, he was eating a lot. And after I moved it from my 622 to a smaller bare tank for about a week, he was also eating fine.

Only after I oyama the tank, he never eat liao. That's why I thought it was kinda peculiar. Will monitor closely though.
Old 30-03-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
longyi
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhash View Post
Thanks for you advice bro.

Even when being attacked in the 622, he was eating a lot. And after I moved it from my 622 to a smaller bare tank for about a week, he was also eating fine.

Only after I oyama the tank, he never eat liao. That's why I thought it was kinda peculiar. Will monitor closely though.
When you add the black oyama to the glass tank wall, you might have spoke the xb. Stop feeding few days and let it stable first before continue to feed slowly little by little.
longyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #6
takanori
Senior Dragon

Smile

If swimming actively, not eating for weeks also no uncommon for aro. Just relax as long as you confident with your water and aro health can already.
takanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 09:35 PM   #7
GHL

It is trying to get used to the new environment. As long as it is swimming and active, should be ok.
Old 31-03-2014, 07:30 AM   #8
togo
Arofanatic

Aros are peculiar fish, I had experienced the same before. I had a tank with the back cover up, I placed a oyama paper on 1 side of the tank the aro became stressed and refused to swim to the part which had the oyama paper. The aro refused food for 2 days.
togo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2014, 11:49 AM   #9
Demonz

Mine is also! But now is ok Liao. Stop feeding for 2-3 days. Get ur aro get use to it on the home. Soon he will eat. Don't worry so much.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:28 AM   #10
mnhash
Arofanatic

Thank you guys for all the advice. Will monitor the arowana for a week to see if there are any improvements.

Tags
arowana, bbxb, blue base, crossback