Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 24-06-2008, 11:40 PM   #31
BuTLeR

hope this helps.....

if you don change your wool so often then you can cut the wool to cover the whole of the top layer.

for me i change every 3 days so i cut a small portion just to cover the water sprinkle
Old 25-06-2008, 12:43 AM   #32
jenn32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTLeR View Post
hope this helps.....

if you don change your wool so often then you can cut the wool to cover the whole of the top layer.

for me i change every 3 days so i cut a small portion just to cover the water sprinkle
Thks Butler, thats very helpful... I guess I can find this distributing tube in LFS hor??
Old 25-06-2008, 01:29 AM   #33
PatrikLim
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTLeR View Post
hope this helps.....

That is a good idea as well, I change my filterwool 3 days or later when I notice the wool is "jam" or dirty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn32 View Post
Thks Butler, thats very helpful... I guess I can find this distributing tube in LFS hor??
You can get them easily from any of LFS, however manage the length and get extra "extention" for different angles. Buy a saw to cut from any hardware shop that cost you about S$3-5 onwards.
PatrikLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 01:30 AM   #34
ianwang
Senior Dragon

Hmmm...great tips from u guys..
ianwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 01:34 AM   #35
PatrikLim
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by westiee View Post
Could it be ur anti-chlor,as i use nurafin b4 tat cause bubbles like urs.After tat i switch to APL n seaprime then everything okay.
Is my air bubble not "good"? Please advise thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leong68 View Post
Weee Weeee. Good i also want to learn a bit from you le
I though you not longer ranchu keeping already? You are very experience de bro, I'm still learning.

Quote:
Hi Bro PatrikLim, Im setting up OHF like yours for my new tub. I still wondering hw to made the water distribute evenly on the 1st top layer of wool to catch the poos.. can you take a pic of that to show me??
You need the inlet on your powerhead, some come with sponge therefore the poo will be stuck on the sponge than the filterwool. Take note of the inlet, must get covered!! I got myself Tom800 (3000+ litre/per hour), my 2 ranchu kena sucked and drop few scales during water change...
Old 25-06-2008, 01:41 AM   #36
PatrikLim
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianwang View Post
Hmmm...great tips from u guys..
We just sharing what we know. Just my little knowledge
Old 25-06-2008, 01:59 AM   #37
PatrikLim
Dragon

Quote:
Hi Bro PatrikLim, Im setting up OHF like yours for my new tub. I still wondering hw to made the water distribute evenly on the 1st top layer of wool to catch the poos.. can you take a pic of that to show me??
Plan the flow rate and the number of trays you want for filter media. Observe and ensure the water flow will go thus all the trays. The faster the flow rate, the better the filtering.

Ensure the powerhead's inlet are proper covered, cause no stress for fishes.

Check out on my rearranged DIY filterbox. I put only a pack of CC and filterwool. Reason: This filterbox is take in as much poo as possible and the CC is to maintain the ph.

Old 25-06-2008, 02:06 AM   #38
PatrikLim
Dragon

If possible, introduce a airpump. As you can see I get a two airtube: One for the tub and one on DIY filterbox. Air bubble in the DIY filterbox is to prevent mosquito breeding and ensure better air solution.

Observe the water temperature, as the powerhead will eventually raise the heat but ensure cooling and comfortable place for the fishes.

Old 25-06-2008, 02:14 AM   #39
chris

Looking at your updated picture...I still think the bubbles are not right.

I suspect your filter may not be mature enough to take the bio load. Your fish may look healthy now, all it takes is a NH4 spike, u will be headache.

I may be wrong, no offence hor.
Old 25-06-2008, 02:18 AM   #40
PatrikLim
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
Looking at your updated picture...I still think the bubbles are not right.

I suspect your filter may not be mature enough to take the bio load. Your fish may look healthy now, all it takes is a NH4 spike, u will be headache.

I may be wrong, no offence hor.
any soluation bro