Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Closed Thread

Old 28-07-2008, 02:34 PM   #51
sebarau
Dragon

Just to update on the environment will affect the IT coloration.. I've removed my black sand.. and now by 2nd bigger IT that usualy stable with striking yellow and black..turn to bronze and black now.. the 2 smaller still stable.. NTT is pale.. will add a white sand this weekend ..and hope to see some improvement
Old 28-07-2008, 04:13 PM   #52
CrazyFish

AFC Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebarau View Post
Just to update on the environment will affect the IT coloration.. I've removed my black sand.. and now by 2nd bigger IT that usualy stable with striking yellow and black..turn to bronze and black now.. the 2 smaller still stable.. NTT is pale.. will add a white sand this weekend ..and hope to see some improvement
I've juz removed my coral chips completely from the tank base , this is because the colour of the ITS turned pale after I introduced the coral chips . After removing the coral chips , they look better now . For your information bro !
Old 28-07-2008, 05:14 PM   #53
iampenguin

my friend has two st which he used to keep in a tank with driftwood. when chasing feeders both st hit their eye against the driftwood and became blind.

one two side blind one is a one eyed jack. any bros here encountered this before? i dont think there is a solution to the problem is there?

Old 28-07-2008, 05:37 PM   #54
CrazyFish

AFC Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampenguin View Post
my friend has two st which he used to keep in a tank with driftwood. when chasing feeders both st hit their eye against the driftwood and became blind.

one two side blind one is a one eyed jack. any bros here encountered this before? i dont think there is a solution to the problem is there?
I believe your friend's tank is not big enough , otherwise , this shouldn't have happened . I also keeping STwith my 30 over pieces of ITS , so far everything ok , no ingury at all . Important thing is that you must give the fish ample space for them to move around , and such unfortunate incident will not happen . IMHO ...
Old 28-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #55
Asia81

Quote:

not only for ST other fishes also la bro. best take out all the sharp edges DW / BWs lor. prob solved plus big space for them to swim also

Old 28-07-2008, 08:19 PM   #56
lizardking
Dragon

Quote:

The blindness of the ST is most probably caused by fighting among the 2 of them and not them knocking against the dw when chasing feeders. ST are not really fast swimmers and they really depend on their sudden suction power to engulf the feeders into their extendable mouth.

I have seen friend's whose STs injured each other's eyes during fights. I have also seperated agrressive STs in my com when I witness them attacking each other. Trust me, the fight can be really vicious! They usually go for the tail but if one them start to attck the other's eyes, then they can get pretty vengeful and whacked each other till blindness occurs.

Ken
Old 28-07-2008, 10:20 PM   #57
mr tiger

it is diffcult to train NGT eat mp?

Old 28-07-2008, 11:14 PM   #58
Jordi

sounds like comm two same size ST is a risky tikum!

Old 28-07-2008, 11:18 PM   #59
jPoPbOl
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr tiger View Post
it is diffcult to train NGT eat mp?
ya been 3wks my ngt refuse ani mp haiz..
Old 29-07-2008, 12:05 AM   #60
mr tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jPoPbOl View Post
ya been 3wks my ngt refuse ani mp haiz..
wa..3 weeks..damn long...my ngt not fierce...don knowe why?he scare my ITs...

Last edited by mr tiger; 29-07-2008 at 12:17 AM.

Closed Thread