Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum > Showcase & Updates

Old 11-05-2011, 11:51 AM   #71
Luc
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamt View Post
oh that i know. The 50 xb is in wft. In your opinion how many rays can i keep in that pond? Thought of buying some more basket i think i kenna poison deep deep
But your height of 4.5 is like a double of 9 by 4.....so more than enough.
I do not know about rays, but when these fellas fully grown, it's 2 foot in diameter, not length in arowanas(like we are used to know). So the floor area is important.....the height of course, is good as the amount of water is more now

Some other experienced brothers might be able to give some insight....I am also interested to know...anyone?

Last edited by Luc; 11-05-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Luc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:55 AM   #72
williamt
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc View Post
But your height of 4.5 is like a double of 9 by 4.....so more than enough.
I do not know about rays, but when these fellas fully grown, it's 2 foot in diameter, not length in arowanas(like we are used to know). So the floor area is important.....the height of course, is good as the amount of water is more now

Some other experienced brothers might be able to give some insight....I am also interested to know...anyone?
yup I'm also keen to know. I will also be taking away those rays that is not nice when they are in full adult, so there will be room by then.
williamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #73
Royalline
Arofanatic

Quote:
yup I'm also keen to know. I will also be taking away those rays that is not nice when they are in full adult, so there will be room by then.
Boss, I will b the 1st in the Q for not nice bds
Royalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #74
williamt
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalline View Post
Boss, I will b the 1st in the Q for not nice bds
wahahaha but usually I seldom used the buy and sell forum here cos I feel making appt for people to see is a hassle, I usually sell to farm or people I know
Old 11-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #75
williamt
Endangered Dragon

can anybody tell me basing on my pond size 15ft x 8ft x 4.5ft excluding filter, filter size is 4ft x 9ft x 4.5ft how many rays can I keep?
Old 11-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #76
uluaking

Quote:
can anybody tell me basing on my pond size 15ft x 8ft x 4.5ft excluding filter, filter size is 4ft x 9ft x 4.5ft how many rays can I keep?
boss you can keep as many rays as you wish .... in the end it depends on how you maintain your water parameter to reduce bioload, ammonia etc.... gula to change water . Just remember this point .... one ray equivalent 3 aro bioload.... you are the expert in Aro so roughly can guage
Old 11-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #77
Luc
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by uluaking View Post
boss you can keep as many rays as you wish .... in the end it depends on how you maintain your water parameter to reduce bioload, ammonia etc.... gula to change water . Just remember this point .... one ray equivalent 3 aro bioload.... you are the expert in Aro so roughly can guage
Bro, so is it ok, if the rays kinda "overlaps"? Or do they really need "individual" space and safety distance to be totally comfortable?
Luc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #78
williamt
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by uluaking View Post
Quote:
Bro, so is it ok, if the rays kinda "overlaps"? Or do they really need "individual" space and safety distance to be totally comfortable?
ya that is also my question as rays are more to bottom surface therefore even I have that much of water the surface might be in question.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #79
Lester
Arofanatic

IMO ray needs space for rest too, which is at the base surface area, thus better prevent overlapping. In other words, it will be better off for you to monitor and calculate your "base surface area" periodically due to the growth of your beautiful rays. Some male rays can become very aggressive when over crowded, especially feeding time.
Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #80
uluaking

Quote:
just imagine u are one person with a space.... another person come over to take some of your miserable place.... u feel comfortable for a fraction of time.... when time goes by you get irritated and started to become aggressive in sholving the guy out from your space..... so think about it