Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 20-12-2016, 11:19 AM   #41
Kohaku
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
Just heard on Class 95, they were talking abt a woman passenger taking Uber recently. The driver was eating his macdonald whiledriving with only 1 finger on the wheels. Really, such drivers.... accident waiting to happen.
Yah I also hear. Think this guy either banned from driving Uber after she complained with a video she took.

That's why need to regulate these private drivers. Those kanna complained multiple times will not be allowed to drive for some time or gets interviewed, just like taxi drivers.
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2016, 11:43 AM   #42
foxwagon
Dragon

Quote:
What resort ah...
Stayed at Absolute.
Foreign owned but local managed.
Compared with Tulamben, there are more warungs in Padangbai.
Compared with Kuta, Padangbai is a quiet place to relax.
700k is per car.

Quote:
Just heard on Class 95...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post
Yah I also hear...
Saw the screen grab picture in online news.
How to control steering wheel with your little finger?
Really dicing with death.
foxwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2016, 04:18 PM   #43
globalcookie
Dragon

That is along e beach, near Geko (the dive operator I went diving with) I think. Nice!
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2016, 08:04 PM   #44
exotic_idiot
Dragon

Spend less lor.

Or look for kkj inspector for part time cleaner job...

Heard say his salary increase liao...
With his part time bend down service

Smelly smelly got $10k
exotic_idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 09:53 AM   #45
loveikan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post
Yah I also hear. Think this guy either banned from driving Uber after she complained with a video she took.

That's why need to regulate these private drivers. Those kanna complained multiple times will not be allowed to drive for some time or gets interviewed, just like taxi drivers.
Not sure what they are foing to regulate.
Only kn govt went all our to help pte hire car indirectly by doing away with the min hrs per day for taxi......level playing field and Hope lesser complain from taxi uncles.

One thing for sure is with grab and uber would lead to more pte car purchased ( can be direct owner or buy by rental cars to rent out), caused COE to go up (or even when down also not much anyway) and the biggest winner wiuld be the govt.
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 02:10 PM   #46
globalcookie
Dragon

With Uber/Grab, there is no longer a need for taxi to clock minimum mileage of 250km/day (which is very easy... most clock above that, else how to pay rental).

Regulation is good in this case due to bad hats. There are those, who ply for street hail, which they are not suppose to do. There are those problematic drivers like what's shared...

If all Uber/Grab drivers behaves, than gov no need to nanny sit them like kids. It's the few bad hats that arise to regulation.
Old 21-12-2016, 03:59 PM   #47
Kohaku
Dragon

Anyway regulations is for those who spoil their own rice bowl. Last time, without Uber or Grab, ppl complained no taxi during night or in cbd area or hard to get a cab. Government come out with this minimum distance for a cab to be more visible. Now is the other way round, taxi drivers looking for passengers and minimum distance gone. Good for us as passengers. Can feel the difference now in cbd area.

Was told by a taxi driver recently that the taxi drivers are to blame themselves for the situation they created now. They spoil the market, which help this Uber company to tap on the situation and grow.
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 06:32 PM   #48
denser
Dragon

so conclusion is drive taxi better? as for rice bowl and without a car
denser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2016, 09:53 AM   #49
globalcookie
Dragon

GrabHitch driver suspended after his dog bites passenger
Posted 27 Dec 2016 21:44 Updated 28 Dec 2016 00:19

SINGAPORE: Ride-hailing service Grab has suspended a driver with its non-commercial carpooling service GrabHitch after an incident in which his pet chihuahua bit a passenger on Christmas Day.

The passenger, Nanyang Technological University student Rushdan Eilyaas, shared photos of his wound as well as a detailed account of the encounter on Facebook on Tuesday (Dec 27).

The 24-year-old part-time usher said he had booked a GrabHitch ride after work in the wee hours of Dec 25 and the driver arrived in a silver Chevrolet instead of a Mercedes Benz as indicated in the app.

He also noticed a small dog in the front seat which he initially thought was a soft toy. “While I was shocked, I didn’t want to kick up a fuss ... I really wanted to just get home,” he said.

Still, he said it was “unprofessional” on the driver’s part to accept the booking. “I thought it’s just very basic courtesy to at least inform your passenger - especially with a Muslim-sounding name - if he might be OK with it?”

Mr Rushdan said he sat in the front of the car after the driver berated him for trying to sit in the back seat. “Throughout the entire trip, the driver didn’t stop being obnoxious. He lectured me about the 'hitch culture' ... He claimed that as passengers taking the GrabHitch option, it isn't right to sit at the back and treat the owners of the car as our ‘cheapest drivers to get to our destination’,” he wrote.

As he unbuckled his seatbelt and was about to alight, the dog jumped and bit him, leaving him with a wound that looked superficial, but was “pretty deep” and painful to the touch.

"Ultimately, this is a story of how my S$6 GrabHitch ride became a S$123.40 matter as I had incurred S$117.40 worth of medical bills that included a tetanus shot and antibiotics,” Mr Rushdan said.

He has since filed a police report and has been contacted by officers from the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA), he said.

Grab has also reached out to him, offering to reimburse him for the ride and for his medical bills. Mr Rushdan said their response to the episode was “professional and efficient”.

In response to queries from Channel NewsAsia, Grab said the driver was suspended for violating its code of conduct in using a car that was not registered on the Grab platform.

A spokesperson added that Grab does not restrict GrabHitch drivers from bringing certified pets on board their own vehicles. “However, we strongly encourage them to inform their passengers beforehand if they do. Likewise, passengers who plan to travel with their pets should also inform their GrabHitch drivers ahead of time. Both GrabHitch drivers and passengers have full rights to decline a ride should they feel uncomfortable with it,” the spokesperson said.

“We hope that all Grab drivers and passengers treat each other with mutual respect - and are sensitive to various preferences - so that everyone enjoys the best ride experience.”

Mr Rushdan told Channel NewsAsia he would not shy away from using GrabHitch again, but will use the experience as a lesson. “No one is expecting five-star treatment from anyone. All I ask is everyone be respectful, rational and civilised,” he concluded.

- CNA/ly

----------------------------

Can't let go of his ego/pride, don't be a driver! Now he is cheaper than cheap. Hope he gets charged and punished significantly.
Old 28-12-2016, 10:32 AM   #50
foxwagon
Dragon

Driver put his dog at the front seat & expected passengers to still sit in front?
foxwagon is offline   Reply With Quote