Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 10:00 AM   #51
hampala

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyAmazon View Post
Nice! Yours are bigger than mine. I heard they will start showing blue cheeks and finnage at around 1 feet as they are also known as blue kelahs (not the thai blue type). I never see any LFS selling this in Singapore, do post some pics once you see blue shades coming out.
how about you golden friend ??

Old 06-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #52
Ong88

Prof SK Ong

Default Toa Payoh blk 69 lfs

went there today after tip off by bro RedBasser abt the lfs having kelahs

according to lfs owner these r green kelahs
she had 6 left & all in individual bags @$5 each, 1 was floundering.
bought the 5 that were ok.
cos need to replace my 6 finglings that were in pond but have been decimated to 2 (prolly eaten by the kois)

new stock will be coming in on Friday & the lfs closes abt 8pm.

Last edited by Ong88; 11-09-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #53
Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ong88 View Post

cos need to replace my 6 finglings that were in pond but have been decimated to 2 (prolly eaten by the kois)

Kelah got green one meh?

Old 07-05-2009, 12:50 PM   #54
FishyAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampala View Post
how about you golden friend ??
Goldies are fine. Not been successful with the photos lately and dont want to post any unclear pics. Will post when i have some success with my low-end consumer grade camera.

Quote:

Thansk for the info. You seem well informed and travelled in Singapore LFS. You can be our news reporter with your talents.
I conclude you also kenna very deep poisoning by fish keeping hobby - "till death do us apart" type of poison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
Kelah got green one meh?
I'm just as confused. I have 3 greens (as told by seller) now all about a foot and tengas as well.

1. Some aquarist said tengas are green kelahs but to me they appear totally different.
2. Other aquarist say there are no such thing as green kelah

I believe some greens are sold as tengas while some i believe are actually white kelah (the ones that i have). I have pictures to prove it.

Last edited by FishyAmazon; 07-05-2009 at 12:57 PM.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #55
Ong88

Prof SK Ong

Quote:
Thansk for the info. You seem well informed and travelled in Singapore LFS. You can be our news reporter with your talents.
instead of bar hopping, i go lfs hopping. wife feels better this way.
actually i swing by the nearest lfs wherever my appointments bring me to. so almost every day of the week i m in some diff part of SG due to appointments (work or kids taxi)
Old 08-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #56
FishyAmazon

Sharing an interesting site i stumble upon while looking for some blue kelahs pics. Here are some real pics from anglers taken live from Fish caught in Thailand Rivers - notice the blue kelahs are not always blue when caught - only a few has that striking blue tinge (the site name it as thai golden mahseer). This really strengthen my believe in fish genes when it comes to pigmentation - sometimes you just happen to have a champion in a lot.

Reminds me of those childhood days when i was catching spiders where you get one sab pao after countless catches and you feel so happy with that ONE rare piece. All i can say is - sometimes you are just plain fortunate.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #57
Ong88

Prof SK Ong

Thanks bro, u Da Man for kelah info
Quote:
Sharing an interesting site i stumble upon while looking for some blue kelahs pics. Here are some real pics from anglers taken live from Fish caught in Thailand Rivers - notice the blue kelahs are not always blue when caught - only a few has that striking blue tinge (the site name it as thai golden mahseer). This really strengthen my believe in fish genes when it comes to pigmentation - sometimes you just happen to have a champion in a lot.

Reminds me of those childhood days when i was catching spiders where you get one sab pao after countless catches and you feel so happy with that ONE rare piece. All i can say is - sometimes you are just plain fortunate.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:02 AM   #58
FishyAmazon

Quote:

You missed by a bit. C328 has a new stock of green kelahs, i have verified those as tengas - just $4 a piece at 6inches. Many sebaraus are also at the same price and size.

Old 09-05-2009, 01:50 AM   #59
FishyAmazon

Migrated some bigger juv to a bigger tank and upgraded my 1 feet to 1.5 feet to provide ample swimming space for my crew of 18 tiny fishes (1 casualty so far) - most of them mahseers.

Here you go with the simple setup pic.
Click image for larger version

Name:	18Crew_web.jpg
Views:	696
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	228469

Housing most of the mahseers from gold, red to blue and a small temoleh. I think i can setup another 5 feet tank just for this crew alone next year if only space isnt a problem for my home. This hobby is crazy!!!

Last edited by FishyAmazon; 09-05-2009 at 01:55 AM.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #60
iinkeren

Quote:
Migrated some bigger juv to a bigger tank and upgraded my 1 feet to 1.5 feet to provide ample swimming space for my crew of 18 tiny fishes (1 casualty so far) - most of them mahseers.

Here you go with the simple setup pic.
Attachment 228469

Housing most of the mahseers from gold, red to blue and a small temoleh. I think i can setup another 5 feet tank just for this crew alone next year if only space isnt a problem for my home. This hobby is crazy!!!
If they get bigger, u can send em to me......

Closed Thread