Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 18-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #11
benjamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaverx View Post
ambient temp 30 deg , so how u brought it down to 24 ? very curious
over kill. the temp has remained constant for a few days now. i brought it down 4 deg from 28. any my tank is just 1.5ft.
Old 18-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #12
PKB
Arofanatic

Serious?

Achieveing 24 degrees with a fan?

My friend did an experiment and use a big Akira Fan (those that use in the house) to blow at the water surface overnight. Best temp achieve is also only about 27 degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post
hi bro, with a fan, i managed to bring the water level down to 24 degrees. no joke about it. haha. i guess tats enough to keep high grade shirmps already right?
PKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #13
goody992828

My best with fan is only able to bring it down to 26.5 C only if the ambient temperature is around 29 C however for the past few weeks unable to bring it down below 27.5 C. My tank size is also 1.5 ft

Care to share how you manage it, what did you do differently?
Old 18-03-2010, 11:14 AM   #14
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenjun View Post
Fyi, did you add all your shrimps( 100 cherry + crs ) in one shot into your tank? If yes, it would cause an increase in BioLoad thus, it might be the result of your shrimp deaths.
Let the tank mature. As wenjun said, there's likelihood the bio-load is too heavy, which could have killed the shrimps (poisoning). Stop buying or adding anything, leave the tank alone for now. The more you try to rectify, the more puzzled it MAY get.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #15
SFC
Arofanatic

Hi Reaverx & Oscar77

• Firstly did u cycle yr tank? – Yes.
• Did u acclimatize yr shrimp? – No idea…. (Please advise)

Magpie,

Fyi, once I can able to maintain currently cherry and sakura and might proceed further.
Question: Housing the chiller in the living hall, will it be increase the temperature of the living hall?

Hi, Wenjun & Wjustin,

• Take size? - My tank size is 2.5ft X 1.5 X 1.9Ft(H)

• Did you add all your shrimps( 100 cherry + crs ) in one shot into your tank? No, I first started with 50 cherries and about a week later I added another 50 cherries and CRS in because it reducing. Fyi, still adding in once it reducing, I try tiger shrimp, snow ball shrimp and bee shrimp from C328.

• Water parameter? – Yet to check and will check this week end.
(Please advice what is the correct PH and how to reduce if I tested the PH is High/Low?)

Many Thank for Advise.
SFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 02:52 PM   #16
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC View Post
• Did you add all your shrimps( 100 cherry + crs ) in one shot into your tank? No, I first started with 50 cherries and about a week later I added another 50 cherries and CRS in because it reducing. Fyi, still adding in once it reducing, I try tiger shrimp, snow ball shrimp and bee shrimp from C328.
Why don't you:
(1) Go read up the sticky where many info and FAQs provides you some info on what you asked.

(2) Heed advise and not add in anymore lives for now, till your tank matures or stablise? That may take another month, but isn't it worth the wait?
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #17
reaverx

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKB View Post
Serious?

Achieveing 24 degrees with a fan?

My friend did an experiment and use a big Akira Fan (those that use in the house) to blow at the water surface overnight. Best temp achieve is also only about 27 degree.
i also tried 2 fans before for small 1.5 ft tank , cant able to drop below 26.5-27 deg

i guess the ambient temp ...

maybe benjamin in aircon room ?
Old 18-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #18
reaverx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC View Post
Hi Reaverx & Oscar77

• Firstly did u cycle yr tank? – Yes.
• Did u acclimatize yr shrimp? – No idea…. (Please advise)

Magpie,

Fyi, once I can able to maintain currently cherry and sakura and might proceed further.
Question: Housing the chiller in the living hall, will it be increase the temperature of the living hall?

Hi, Wenjun & Wjustin,

• Take size? - My tank size is 2.5ft X 1.5 X 1.9Ft(H)

• Water parameter? – Yet to check and will check this week end.
(Please advice what is the correct PH and how to reduce if I tested the PH is High/Low?)

Many Thank for Advise.
acclimitizing ...

should be somewhere in here ,

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=334353
Old 18-03-2010, 06:48 PM   #19
shrimpbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaverx View Post
ambient temp 30 deg , so how u brought it down to 24 ? very curious
Hiya, my tank is a 1half x 1 foot. cooled to 25half degrees by using a cheapo $7 or$8 fan(it's a square of side 2half"). see the fan on the right side of my tank?
i run it 24/7. got crs, bds and sakuras and shrimplets.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 18-03-2010, 06:52 PM   #20
shrimpbait

okay, you probably noticed that my light is placed at a crazy angle... am trying to cultivate algae on my rock wall.
All my shrimps were in hiding when i took the picture.