Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Guppy Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 28-12-2008, 10:40 AM   #41
No78
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by detritus View Post
wouldn't be surprised... i'm sure there's all kinds of funny fish in there... pple will get tired of their pets and dump them there. terrible...

u may even find guppies or mosquito fish too in one of the smaller drains and canals feeding into the big longkang...

but i'm just doubtful cos there are just too many predators.
may i will check in out the qianhu area . i believe should have safe and easy to get guppies .
No78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 10:40 PM   #42
ahpek_lion
Dragon

I went to seletar farmway to recce jus nw. Near Seaview the longkang water moving very fast. Near the straits aquarium, i only saw one miserable guppy in the water
ahpek_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 11:12 PM   #43
No78
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahpek_lion View Post
I went to seletar farmway to recce jus nw. Near Seaview the longkang water moving very fast. Near the straits aquarium, i only saw one miserable guppy in the water
Wow that sad ....
Old 01-01-2009, 06:43 PM   #44
detritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindavw View Post
recce but caught this instead cos the stream/drain only got dead fishes n some black fries

but another stream nearby got some dunno wha type of fish. all in all no guppies... except the ones in the pic.
did u go to the one all the way in to the drain / stream at the end of the road?

the very rocky one?

saw 1 ah pek catching feeder fish from there when i went today but not guppies...

i went down to the water for a closer look and didn't find any guppies there also.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:01 AM   #45
lindavw

Quote:
did u go to the one all the way in to the drain / stream at the end of the road?

the very rocky one?

saw 1 ah pek catching feeder fish from there when i went today but not guppies...

i went down to the water for a closer look and didn't find any guppies there also.
Rocky ah? no leh. yes i went to the end of the road where the drain is at one part covered by a pc of slab or road.... this drain got alot of fries that r black in color.

Anyway i caught some mosquitoe or guppy which is female.... i take a closer look, the tail has an outline of black color... quite nice hee so maybe guppy in the end hahahaha
Old 02-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #46
detritus

Quote:
Rocky ah? no leh. yes i went to the end of the road where the drain is at one part covered by a pc of slab or road.... this drain got alot of fries that r black in color.

Anyway i caught some mosquitoe or guppy which is female.... i take a closer look, the tail has an outline of black color... quite nice hee so maybe guppy in the end hahahaha
hmmm... sounds like the same longkang... i didn't even see any fries there... haha... maybe as u say, first come first serve and u took all the good ones already
Old 03-01-2009, 09:35 AM   #47
lindavw

Quote:
hmmm... sounds like the same longkang... i didn't even see any fries there... haha... maybe as u say, first come first serve and u took all the good ones already
dun say like that la.
i stay quite near there... anyones who 1 2 meet to recce there further can always organise an outing there ma.
but i notice like no male ones ard. even if there was male ones, the tail was no fluffy type so i think the males are more likely to be mosquitoe fish.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #48
detritus

Quote:
dun say like that la.
i stay quite near there... anyones who 1 2 meet to recce there further can always organise an outing there ma.
but i notice like no male ones ard. even if there was male ones, the tail was no fluffy type so i think the males are more likely to be mosquitoe fish.
nah... can't have anymore fishes... got a lot of guppies and fries to take care already. cutting down on my collection in fact.

anyone interested in giving my tetras a good home?

Last edited by detritus; 04-01-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #49
No78
Dragon

Quote:
nah... can't have anymore fishes... got a lot of guppies and fries to take care already. cutting down on my collection in fact.

anyone interested in giving my tetras a good home?

bro, can i have your tetra ?
Old 06-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #50
detritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by No78 View Post
bro, can i have your tetra ?
sorry dude... gave away already