Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 02-10-2003, 04:38 PM   #1
masnumata

Default SeaChem DeNitrate or Matrix

Hi!

Has anyone here used the above mentioned products before?

Do they remove nitrates as claimed? If so, how long did it take?
Any input is very welcome!

Thanks!

Cheers!
Mas
Old 03-10-2003, 10:28 AM   #2
Sebastian

Wondeing if anyone tried before, keen to know the answer too

I saw a product by Aquamedic - Denitrator. Costs abt $260.00 which promised to remove Nirtrate. Is a kind of Filtration system......

Wonder if anyone using it before or how effective ??
Old 03-10-2003, 11:13 AM   #3
kagemaru

Bro Sebastian,

If buy the Denitrator, better to buy the RO/DI unit that I am ordering from US....can get together or later I do a MO again...but this time only for genuine buyers...

the RO/DI unit can help to remove nitrates and provide the best water for our rays and aros...works best in the marine tank's sump also
Old 03-10-2003, 11:20 AM   #4
Sebastian

Quote:
Originally posted by kagemaru
Bro Sebastian,

If buy the Denitrator, better to buy the RO/DI unit that I am ordering from US....can get together or later I do a MO again...but this time only for genuine buyers...

the RO/DI unit can help to remove nitrates and provide the best water for our rays and aros...works best in the marine tank's sump also
Sounded interesting care to share more about the wonder of RO/DI ? How much does it cost ?

Thanks bro Ed
Old 03-10-2003, 02:02 PM   #5
kray

Quote:
Bro Sebastian,

Please share details and price. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:26 PM   #6
kagemaru

I got a quote from US Suppliers that its a 6 step RO/DI filtration for USD 199 inclusive of shipment (approx $350)...

advantages of RO/DI:

Removes 99% of all these and more. Sodium, aluminum, lead, copper, arsenic, mercury, calcium, phosphate, iron, magnesium, zinc, chloride, nitrate, silicate, cyanide, sulphide, nickel, silver, bicarbonate, manganese, ammonium, barium, and chromium, Phosphates. Also removes 99% of all bacteria from your water!

In fact If we have already spent a bomb on the tank...another SGD 350 to complete the purifying of water quality within your sump or even as a separate filtration unit to feed pure aquarium for your fishes would make a difference for enhancing their health

Have already ordered one and will be installed in my new tank......keeping my fingers crossed
Old 03-10-2003, 03:31 PM   #7
kagemaru

Forgot to insert the picture for reference...blur liao
Old 03-10-2003, 03:47 PM   #8
Sebastian

Thks bro for the info.

Will the water be TOO clean for aro ?
Old 03-10-2003, 03:57 PM   #9
CyberET

Quote:
I got a quote from US Suppliers that its a 6 step RO/DI filtration for USD 199 inclusive of shipment (approx $350)...

advantages of RO/DI:

Removes 99% of all these and more. Sodium, aluminum, lead, copper, arsenic, mercury, calcium, phosphate, iron, magnesium, zinc, chloride, nitrate, silicate, cyanide, sulphide, nickel, silver, bicarbonate, manganese, ammonium, barium, and chromium, Phosphates. Also removes 99% of all bacteria from your water!

In fact If we have already spent a bomb on the tank...another SGD 350 to complete the purifying of water quality within your sump or even as a separate filtration unit to feed pure aquarium for your fishes would make a difference for enhancing their health

Have already ordered one and will be installed in my new tank......keeping my fingers crossed
bicarbonate? then won't an unbuffered water be in danger of experiencing a ph crash? water too clean also scary later remove all trace elements as well.. then we'll have a clean tank with small fish forever
Old 03-10-2003, 04:59 PM   #10
kagemaru

cannot be too clean lar...this setup is actually incorporated into the Marine sump also...can look at sg reef club ppl their complex sump design...where got ppl complain water too clean one??...

If Trace elements are removed then it will cause the whole reef aquarium to crash already...why would they want to use RO water then?...its actually to remove the nitrates and phosphorus in the water...