Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 05-05-2003, 11:07 AM   #61
KL

Bro Klimey,

Totally agreed with your statement. If you pay the price for any x back and make sure the fish turn out as an x back not RTg or High Back RTG. However, due to the different breed from various farm therefore the standard of the fish is different too. For example, let take red as an example, there are so many type of red. In the wild there are orange red, dark orange and red. So if you pay a price for red,I am sure you will get a red in the norm but at what quality????? Orange Red?? Red???So I think in order to be able to select a better aro, we should read more, see more, and learn more.....

Lately, there are few fans here has some question on HGRTG, RTG, X Back. How to identify which is which when the fish at only 3" to 4" in length. Well, I think it is difficult. You will be able to tell the different between a HGRTG and RTG only when the fish is more than 25cm. how about HBRTG and Xback?? This make life even more difficult. So the only thing I would suggest to you is buy from a reputable LFs and farm.

Lately, I am not sure whether any of you aware that, there are small farm from south going to LFs to acquired adult red and x back. (mainly looking for fish around 3years and above) for breeding purposes. However, tese farm owner does not care much about the quality of the fish (Some red just looked orange, some x back is only qualify to be HGRTg......) This is really sad. If the farm are buying adult fish at this quality, so how's the quality of the juvenille fish turn out to be. This is telling you why there are certain farm always produce aro at higher quality than others and they also ask for a higher price.

So quality??? go for fish from a more reputable farm and may be it is a bit more expensive but...
Old 05-05-2003, 11:20 AM   #62
JAAR

bro beaujarle,

Where can I find this Alang and the 7-9" are they xback's Am really interested to get a xback gold and if not possible just a SR.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:35 PM   #63
Beaujarle

Bro klimey,
Bro no discount...as I heard from a friend....I've never been there myself.

Bro KL,
I second your opinion...

Bro JAAR,
This guy only sells BMBXBs....he sells from his house not LFS. Contact?? You can try bro Ladyhorn from www.flowerhorn.org (arowana thread).
Old 05-05-2003, 03:37 PM   #64
eddie73
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaujarle
Bro klimey,
Bro no discount...as I heard from a friend....I've never been there myself.

Bro KL,
I second your opinion...

Bro JAAR,
This guy only sells BMBXBs....he sells from his house not LFS. Contact?? You can try bro Ladyhorn from www.flowerhorn.org (arowana thread).
Sigh! How nice if got lobang like this for Super Red!!! !!!!

Wish I am living beside Kapuas River now!!!
eddie73 is offline   Reply With Quote