Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 25-05-2008, 02:13 AM   #51
Reth

It's been a few days and the plants don't seem to be doing well :C The grassy plant is turning transparent at the tips and browning a little.. Don't think the HC will make it as well haha. Oh well. I still got the 2 meshes of spiky moss around so maybe I'll put them in if the HC dies..

Mizu World; Hmm okay noted. Looks like they're not doing well anyway :/

HuttShun; thanks! lights ah. see if can find a replacement lor haha. compact flourecent!
Old 25-05-2008, 11:09 AM   #52
Mizu World

Is this a non CO2 setup? If so, you should plant much more heavily from the start.
Old 25-05-2008, 05:24 PM   #53
yoshimura11

Hi Reth,

your tank is awsome. Love it so much.

Just to share abt Cheeries, i kept some for 3 mths. i find it all voice down to water temp. initially i kept them with 3 guppies. didn't work. all hiding. then i moved the gups out. they began to move more freely all around the tank. and then i realised some of their belly have round balls in them i presume eggs. but was never released. then i added moss balls. they loved it but the trigger came only when i broke the moss balls into 2. it now looks like a semi dome. and there is where the fries are released. now, my 15pcs of adult have only like 11pcs left. but i have like 30 crawlies buzzing all over the tank.

i have some pics but i dunno how to post the pics in...

try in office tomorrow.

anyway, love your set up. its gorgeous.
Old 26-05-2008, 05:40 AM   #54
ultraboi

reth wat do you feed yr cories with? How much is the magic soil? Feel like doing something like yrs.
Old 26-05-2008, 09:38 AM   #55
kebab7
Endangered Dragon

nice setup... but the pics impressed me
kebab7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 12:40 PM   #56
Reth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizu World View Post
Is this a non CO2 setup? If so, you should plant much more heavily from the start.
Yeah it's non-CO2, but I use Excel so that counts i think. I can't use CO2 for my tank cuz theres a rainbar.

yoshimura11; Thanks! I can't wait to re-introduce my cherries hehe. I hope mine breed.. But I'm planning to keep a puffer with them, so I hope i get one of the more peaceful ones haha

ultraboi; I feed mine OceanFree sinking pelelts. I think it's called something-"plecory". Magic soil I didn't buy a full bag, bought 2 bags for $20 in total. But only one bag was used for my tank

kebab7; hey thanks! i enjoy taking fighy pictures (:
Old 26-05-2008, 12:44 PM   #57
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

cherry shrimps is one of the puffer's favourite food.. so what do you think?
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 01:57 AM   #58
Reth

EvolutionZ; Hehe it depends on each individual puffer lah. For most people, their puffers don't touch their cherries. But for some it's a painful snack for their puffers haha. I'll put a few in first to test

UPDATE ON TANK: The tall grassy plant and downoi are not doing well! Will probably remove them and add water sprite for the background and my 2 meshes of spiky moss for foreground. Maybe I'll get a nice java/windelov fern too!

Thanks for viewing
Old 30-05-2008, 12:11 AM   #59
Reth

Default New plants!

I just got some new plants from my friend today! Removed the melted downoi, most of the grassy plant and the HC. Planted the new water sprite, added the spiky moss mesh and clumped my leftover HC at one corner.. The debris settled down pretty fast and the water was crystal-clear again!

Spot the difference! (o:

The clump of HC around the grassy plant. I decided to just weigh it down with gravel, haha. Hopefully it'll take root..

I realise that keeping just plants alone is already quite fun haha. No need fish to keep me busy
Old 31-05-2008, 12:08 AM   #60
HuttShun
Dragon

hey gareth!

a school of cards or rummy nose will surely looks nice in there lah!

oh yah, i cant find your cherries!!!

btw NICE TANK LAH!!
HuttShun is offline   Reply With Quote