Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 31-05-2008, 12:24 AM   #61
the_r0ck

One thing, the RTL will soon outgrow your tank and be oversized.

Sometimes when we scape our tank we need to visualize it at present as well as 3 months and further down the road. Try putting in smaller plants or be prepared to keep trimming the RTL while hoping other plants will grow and form a better scape.
Old 31-05-2008, 12:44 AM   #62
Reth

Hehe thanks HUTTSHUN! Hmm or maybe those tiny fish that we still dunno the name? Or.. GALAXY! But I got the puffer poison leh.. I think the cherries commando'd out of the tank already haha!

the_r0ck; Hey thanks for your advice. I guess I still got lots to learn eh? Maybe I'll find a replacement for the RTL when it starts to grow too big. Sometimes it's hard to identify the small-growing plants since there are so many at the store..

Old 31-05-2008, 01:47 PM   #63
bbpippen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reth View Post
I just got some new plants from my friend today! Removed the melted downoi, most of the grassy plant and the HC. Planted the new water sprite, added the spiky moss mesh and clumped my leftover HC at one corner.. The debris settled down pretty fast and the water was crystal-clear again!

Spot the difference! (o:

The clump of HC around the grassy plant. I decided to just weigh it down with gravel, haha. Hopefully it'll take root..

I realise that keeping just plants alone is already quite fun haha. No need fish to keep me busy
bro did you add base or root ferts for your HC?
Old 01-06-2008, 05:56 PM   #64
Reth

Nope, no base fert.. I do dose Flourish and Excel though.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #65
torque6

I like the volume mass of the plants. I would remove the HC at the corner as well, as they will melt away and will not survive in your current setup.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:17 PM   #66
bbpippen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reth View Post
Nope, no base fert.. I do dose Flourish and Excel though.
without base fert im afraid its an uphill task of trying to grow HC submersed.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:54 PM   #67
Reth

Okay thanks for the suggestions guys! Will remove the HC once it starts to rot..

Just bought 2 puffers today!
Old 14-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #68
tweakmax2
Banned

bro.. can show mi yr tank spec ? Cos i got an almost same setup as yrs.. but kept dying... plant browning.. fish die.. jialat sia
tweakmax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2008, 11:20 PM   #69
Reth

tweakmax2; Sorry for being MIA so long haha. Tank specs? Um, its a small cube with an internal overflow and underflow filter system. Substrate is Magic Soil and I dose Seachem Flourish and Excel.

Actually now my plants are not doing too well also, esp the watersprite and moss.. Tank light not strong enough Need to find a replacement for my compact-florescent bulb.
Old 30-06-2008, 01:14 AM   #70
Reth

Default UPDATE - Dwarf Puffers!

Time for a much needed update of my tank! So far it hasn't been that good. Many plants were uprooted when I moved house.. Now the water sprite like bleah.

The 2 dwarf puffers that I bought have been doing well! Something's not quite right with the female, I think it might have internal parasites. Once I thought it was a goner. But recently it's been healthy haha. The male is big and fat!

Enjoy the pics!

Full tank shot. Moss is spreading but turning brown a bit.

The female puffer! Notice her beautiful spots and markings? (:

The male puffer! He has less spots but makes up for it by being fat.

And this is the last surviving ghost shrimp! It actually became quite nice-looking with dark stripes and those orange dots down its saddle. Its head turns red when it eats leftover bloodworms haha. Initially I put 3. 1 died and another climed out and became a prawn cracker on the floor..

Soo yeah. Hope you've enjoyed the pics!