Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 26-08-2016, 10:53 PM   #441
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Today is a sad day. Not because is the funeral of former President S R Nathan, but the death of a beautiful ray.
This morning found that the male BD from my friend, was dead floating on the water. All the other fish are behaving alright. Even my female sp ray, which is pregnant, is behaving normal. Really puzzle what had happened to this male. As there is a smell from it and the spots already turn brown, I believe it might have died last night... Anyone can tell me what could had possibly happened to it? Sudden death?

Now I can only hope that the only female ray can successfully give birth to healthy pups of his...

RIP....

ThomasLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 03:39 AM   #442
Kirin
Dragon

Sudden death syndrome? Sorry for your loss.
Kirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 09:47 AM   #443
Shadow7
Senior Dragon

Deepest condolence, may his genes produce u many nice pups. Could it be the fogging ? Saw them doing that the day before.
Ps. Just moved in temporary to the block opposite u
Shadow7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 02:35 PM   #444
Aro77
Dragon

sorry for your loss bro...

Btw the venom in the sting looks dried out. was any other fishes disturbing the fella? no obvious injuries or anything but maybe stressed out. how was appetite?
Aro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 10:41 PM   #445
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Thks bro Kirin.

Bro Shadow7, no la, cannot be the fogging... Have been here for the past year and nothing happen even adter fogging... Not sure what happen this time. You shift in here temporary? Rented or what? How come temporary? Which block are u in? Blk67? I can come and see your fish

Bro Aro77, venom dried out? How to see? Why does it imply it was disturbed? Can advise? The last time I fed is 2 days ago and I didnt pay much attention that day as I was in a hurry to attend a job... Sad...
Old 27-08-2016, 10:54 PM   #446
Shadow7
Senior Dragon

Temporarily staying here at blk 67 my friend's empty hse as my new place not ready yet. As it's only temporary so no fish to see
Old 29-08-2016, 11:35 PM   #447
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow7 View Post
Temporarily staying here at blk 67 my friend's empty hse as my new place not ready yet. As it's only temporary so no fish to see
Oic... So when yr new place ready? Nearby here?
Just curious, your unit can see my fish?
Old 30-08-2016, 01:00 AM   #448
Aro77
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLim View Post
Bro Aro77, venom dried out? How to see? Why does it imply it was disturbed? Can advise? The last time I fed is 2 days ago and I didnt pay much attention that day as I was in a hurry to attend a job... Sad...
Tomorrow i take pic show u of full venom and one with some venom out.. i guess it just means it stung other fish? im honestly not very sure but this is what i see when my rays fight..

some times female sting male then can see the sting venom only half left.
Aro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 08:34 AM   #449
Shadow7
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLim View Post
Oic... So when yr new place ready? Nearby here?
Just curious, your unit can see my fish?
Yup nearby...my block is directly opp on the 12th floor cannot see ur fish clearly lah but can sometimes see u feeding them
Old 01-09-2016, 09:57 PM   #450
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro77 View Post
Tomorrow i take pic show u of full venom and one with some venom out.. i guess it just means it stung other fish? im honestly not very sure but this is what i see when my rays fight..

some times female sting male then can see the sting venom only half left.
I didnt see any fish behave abnormally... Or the other fish will still behave normally after they got stung?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow7 View Post
Yup nearby...my block is directly opp on the 12th floor cannot see ur fish clearly lah but can sometimes see u feeding them
O... Did u see sometimes I am frightened by my gar during feeding the way it snap the kuning is but I just love seeing it grows bigger and bigger my wife is so scared of it

Still waiting for my female sp to give birth... Not sure if she can make it this time or not... Cheers